Join for free
Page 5 of 21 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 11:51 AM

Re: Climate Change.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Of course it's taking place Todger......It has been thus for the last umpteen billion years. You'll be telling us next that we are responsible for shorter days in the winter....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
What mankind is doing now is breaking the processes where cyclic climate change was catered for.

It's not just releasing captured carbon, it's by introducing exotic polutants that are not found in nature and destroying the marine environment which has a huge effect on the biosphere.
I don't think you are taking into account the size of this planet Todger, and we are just a speck upon it, and the Earth is self cleaning. Heavy particles of CO2 and CO4 etc in the atmosphere will obey gravity eventually and fall to earth because carbon compounds are heavier than air, and pollutants will eventually be absorbed, but I doubt there are enough pollutants to make any difference except on a local scale. The best we can expect is to reduce the pollutants which can make it difficult for human habitation, but as far as the climate is concerned, it will adjust as necessary....With or without our help....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 11:58 AM

I don't think you are taking into account the size of this planet Todger, and we are just a speck upon it, and the Earth is self cleaning. Heavy particles of CO2 and CO4 etc in the atmosphere will obey gravity eventually and fall to earth because carbon compounds are heavier than air, and pollutants will eventually be absorbed, but I doubt there are enough pollutants to make any difference except on a local scale. The best we can expect is to reduce the pollutants which can make it difficult for human habitation, but as far as the climate is concerned, it will adjust as necessary....With or without our help....
I disagree. On all counts.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 12:01 PM

I agree, on all counts!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 08:20 PM

The earth is like a goldfish tank with too much poo. Pollution is affecting the ecosystems which in turn mess up the ratio we need to keep the tank healthy. I will believe its a blip when we stop finding fish full of plastic.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The earth is like a goldfish tank with too much poo. Pollution is affecting the ecosystems which in turn mess up the ratio we need to keep the tank healthy. I will believe its a blip when we stop finding fish full of plastic.
I agree.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 08:33 PM

I read the other day that Tuna has very unsafe levels of Mercury now, too.

Where is that all coming from?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-09-2019, 08:57 PM

I will believe its a blip when we stop finding fish full of plastic.
I agree with this.

All plastic that cannot be recycled should be sent to landfill.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree with this.

All plastic that cannot be recycled should be sent to landfill.
Or perhaps we should only make biodegradable plastics?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-09-2019, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I read the other day that Tuna has very unsafe levels of Mercury now, too.

Where is that all coming from?
Industrial waste. No longer our own but fueled by consumer demand here along with that of other developed economies.

Page 5 of 21 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top