Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:44 PM

Re: Police called to Boris Johnson home

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Today the government has launched its*“landmark” draft Domestic Abuse Bill. The document*draws on evidence from an open consultation in 2017, which received more than 3,000 submissions and discussions, with more than 1,000 people in England and Wales*including survivors and practitioners working with those affected by domestic violence.

Until now*there has been no single dedicated law or policy concerning domestic violence and abuse, although there have been several important developments over the past decade. An updated cross-party definition of domestic violence and abuse was established in 2013, and domestic violence and abuse has featured heavily in the Tackling Violence Against Women and Girls Strategy. Moreover, specific types of abuse have received increased attention, including coercive control which was made a standalone*offence in 2015. New sentencing guidelines were released in 2018 recognising the seriousness of domestic violence-related offences, which are rarely isolated incidents.

THE TODAY IN THIS ARTICLE IS JANUARY 2019.
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8739491.html
Nobody disputes that domestic violence takes place, but I know for a fact that, if there are no witnesses and the accused denies it happened, they do nothing as they have no proof of who was in the wrong......even when there are injuries! I know this to be true because it once happened to me!
How did I deal with it? I made sure that man never crossed my doorstep again & called the police if he tried.
If I had been Boris's partner, and had been hurt, I would have ended the relationship & threatened to tell the press what he had done. I wouldn't have wanted my neighbours to get involved!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
What threats, the only thing I've heard reported that Boris said was " Give me my f**** Laptop?"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Nobody disputes that domestic violence takes place, but I know for a fact that, if there are no witnesses and the accused denies it happened, they do nothing as they have no proof of who was in the wrong......even when there are injuries! I know this to be true because it once happened to me!
How did I deal with it? I made sure that man never crossed my doorstep again & called the police if he tried.

If I had been Boris's partner, and had been hurt, I would have ended the relationship & threatened to tell the press what he had done. I wouldn't have wanted my neighbours to get involved!

I agree.
Anyway, nobody knows what the truth is except those two, themselves.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swimmy I think you are being a bit OTT on this. The police had been called and would have gained entry into the house if they believed anybody had been hurt.
You have never explained exactly what an Enforcer's duties are, but I am sure the police are more likely to deal with matters like this.
Women are not pathetic weaklings who need a mans protection & I am sure that many women, like myself, would be furious if they heard that a neighbour had been recording an argument they had with a partner.

You are now retired & it sounds like you have poor health, so let the people, whose job it is, deal with this and focus on your own needs.
You can't protect all if the people all of the time
Hi

The situation is the same.

No man has the right to threaten a woman with violence.

That is so, so wrong.

A blazing row, yes, been there done that.

Get off me, never.

I have never threatened a woman with physical violence in my life, it is just not me.

The Police response was appropriate, it was a threat to the person.

I would have reported it, I think they did the right thing.

Would I have gone Public on it?

Certainly not.

The Enforcement Agencies did their job and determined that there was not imminent danger to the lady, end of.

If it was my Mum, sister or daughter, would I have a word with the person responsible?

Yes I would.

It go along the lines of we all have rows, so what?

It is a fact of life.

I know my sisters and my daughter can be completely unreasonable , I have lived with them.

We have had blazing rows.

The difference is this, never, ever have they said get off me, I have never used physical strength or the threat of it in an argument with a lady.

That is just, so, so wrong.

There is a difference, any recording of any female saying get off me will be met by a response.

It will not be nice, in particular if she was a member of my family.

I will be straight in their face, now make me scared.

Take a swing at me and you will be in hospital.

Threatening women is an absolute no no.

It is simply so so wrong.

A Real Man never ever threatens a lady with violence.

You can have your rows, but get off me is an absolute No No.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:48 PM

I can see why you were sacked from your job Swimmy,

You have taken the words 'Get off me' with absolutely no idea of their context and imagined a whole scenario of violence and oppression.

How do you know whether or not SHE was the angry party and he was the PEACEMAKER.

Was he trying to placate her anger with kind words and gestures as SHE lashed out , threw plates, took his laptop away from him, ( causing hiim t spill his wine)threw it to the floor then shouted at him as he tried to cuddle her for reassurance??

No, In your arrogance and ignorance you have him tried and convicted.

What a shite 'Enforcer' ( No such job role , btw)you must have been.

Seems like the world is a better place without you being paid to act like a complete dick.

As for Boris, he should have issued a statement and then said that's his last word on the matter.

If the police are happy no crime was committed then that should be good enough, although I would ask the Police to check the neighbour's property to take a look at the listening devices supplied to them by The Guardian and see if that breaches the right's of Boris and his partner.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I can see why you were sacked from your job Swimmy,

You have taken the words 'Get off me' with absolutely no idea of their context and imagined a whole scenario of violence and oppression.

How do you know whether or not SHE was the angry party and he was the PEACEMAKER.

Was he trying to placate her anger with kind words and gestures as SHE lashed out , threw plates, took his laptop away from him, ( causing hiim t spill his wine)threw it to the floor then shouted at him as he tried to cuddle her for reassurance??

No, In your arrogance and ignorance you have him tried and convicted.

What a shite 'Enforcer' ( No such job role , btw)you must have been.

Seems like the world is a better place without you being paid to act like a complete dick.

As for Boris, he should have issued a statement and then said that's his last word on the matter.

If the police are happy no crime was committed then that should be good enough, although I would ask the Police to check the neighbour's property to take a look at the listening devices supplied to them by The Guardian and see if that breaches the right's of Boris and his partner.
Interesting perspective. After all, last year almost 700.000 men were victim of domestic abuse. I can imagine boris being ashamed he is being slapped down. It doesn't make him less suitable for pm, on the contrary, he has faced another side of life.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 08:00 PM

It might have been a light coloured sofa he spilt red wine onto .
Enough to incite any woman to violence .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 08:32 PM

I'm really happy for them both.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I find it amazing that so many think that it is wrong to investigate threats to a woman.

Your choice, not mine.

That is how we found about the Muslim Rape Gangs.

Do not blame your Enforcement Officers if a member of your family suffers if there is no response because it is a private matter.

If you want a Society where Enforcement Officers do not respond to a female crying Get Off Me, followed by loud crashes and bangs, that is your choice.

It is not a Society I wish to live in.
This isn't about not investigating when a woman is being threatened, that has already been checked out in this case and found to be a heated row between two people. This is about a couple who chose to record that argument and send it to the press just to blacken the character of Boris Johnson because they are polar opposites politically.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by judd ->
left wing rag tries to discredit lead tory pm candidate?

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top