Join for free
Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 02:25 PM

Re: Is Boris a closet fascist who’s come out?

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
George Soros might be a Hungarian/ American but I don’t think he is a foreign Power, wealthy foreign individual yes and no different to American and other foreign nationals who provided funding and services to support Brexit although there was a Belizean who could possibly be described as a foreign power.

So to answer your question, No it’s not what I meant
Isn't donald trump rather outspoken about brexit, who should be your pm, what you should sell and buy from usa? About tankers you should put on a chain.
So far the UK has obeyed him to the lettre.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 09:39 PM

I understand that various people from all Brexit viewpoint are talking to the EU and members of European governments but what evidence do yo have that they are seeking instruction or for that matter receiving any instructions on as you put it “promoting their interests over our nations interests”

If you can provide the evidence I will concede to your argument. If not I can only conclude that you are making it up to support the deluded ramblings of the most incompetent PM this country has ever had
I don't think that anyone, in this Topic, could ever imagine that you will back down & concede anything.

You have been in here enough time for us to know how you put your arguments:-

1) You tell leavers what they're doing wrong.

2) You demand evidence every time you lose an argument.

3) Once those reasons are given, for the umpteenth time, you start all over.

Show us the evidence that I'm wrong.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I don't think that anyone, in this Topic, could ever imagine that you will back down & concede anything.

Well ted, what I miss in the discussion is the backing- up of arguments. Usually a simple google search will provide the necessary support of claims.
Should you doubt the validity of what I say, look up the rules of posting on this forum. For you I have copied rule 6:
6. Back up your claims.
If you are claiming something that is likely to be disputed, then where possible, link to sources to back up your claim. It may not represent the absolute 100% definitive proof (it may be just one study, for instance) but it will at least add some credence to your point, and help move the debate forward. In general, the stronger or more controversial the claim, the greater the required evidence to back it up.*
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Isn't donald trump rather outspoken about brexit, who should be your pm, what you should sell and buy from usa? About tankers you should put on a chain.
So far the UK has obeyed him to the lettre.

He isn't trying to influence the result of a referendum like Obama tried to do.

Big difference.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 06:05 AM

The problem is that those reasons usually turn out to be fallacies or people’s personal views that have no basis in fact,

Leavers consistently try to shut down debate by using tired old phrases such as “project fear” but offer no tangible evidence to support their case

As we move closer to leaving the evidence is mounting that it will inflict damage to our country that might take generations to recover from

The latest leaked report from the government demonstrates my point. Itmakes no mention of it being a worse case scenario it just gives a sector by sector review of likely possibilities and government mitigation’s and the findings should make anyone with an ounce of sense sit up any take note. Gove has tried to play it down but has given no evidence to support any better scenarios and the only mitigation we have seen is spending £25 million to safeguard urgent medical supplies which incidentally gives credence to the reports findings

Within the report is a statement that the poorest will suffer most yet the poorest were more likely to have voted for Brexit. But of course they knew what they were voting for

Whilst it is unlikely that all the scenarios will happen there is sufficient in the report to concern any citizen who cares about this country

True to form the brexiteer John Redwood has branded his governments own report as “project fear on steroids” without being able to provide any evidence to support his assertions.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/n...ment-797qxkrcm
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It's not collaboration if you are a turk at heart yourself. Boris cannot deny his turkish ancestry it seems.

Johnson's visit to*Turkey*on 25-27 September 2016 was somewhat tense due to his having won*Douglas Murray's poetry competition about the President of Turkey,*Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, four months earlier.[339]*When questioned by a journalist whether he would apologise for the poem, Johnson dismissed the matter as "trivia".[340]*Johnson pledged to help*Turkey join the EU*and expressed support for Erdogan's government.[341]*Johnson supported the*Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen*and refused to block UK arms sales to*Saudi Arabia,[342]*stating there was no clear evidence of breaches of international humanitarian law by Saudi Arabia in the war in*Yemen.[343]*In September 2016, human rights groups accused him of blocking the UN inquiry into Saudi war crimes in Yemen.[344]*Given the UK-Saudi alliance, in December, he attracted attention for commenting that the Saudis were akin to the Iranians in "puppeteering and playing*proxy wars" throughout the Middle East.[345][346][347]*May said his comments did not represent the government's view.[348]
An admission that you have ran out of material for even the pretence of having a rational debate.

I don't know why you bother Solly , you are totally out of credibility on this forum.

Best you re register under a new name again , methinks
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 07:12 AM

George Soros might be a Hungarian/ American but I don’t think he is a foreign Power, wealthy foreign individual yes and no different to American and other foreign nationals who provided funding and services to support Brexit although there was a Belizean who could possibly be described as a foreign power.

So to answer your question, No it’s not what I meant

Oh dear !!!!

He is a foreign influence.

You have lost the argument on this one !
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Oh dear !!!!

He is a foreign influence.

You have lost the argument on this one !

He certainly has. It was her reason Gina Miller quit Beat for Britain.

As for turkey it looks like a Turkish company is buying British Steel, saving 5000 jobs. The reason they gave was because of opportunities from Brexit.

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 09:32 AM

EU stooges getting increasingly desperate now

Comedy gold tho, absolutely hillarious stuff.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 11:29 AM

Spot on Tedc. You have them down to a tee.

Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top