Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:26 PM

Re: Should UK police officers be routinely carrying Tasers?

The British police should be like the Spanish police, you don’t mess with them!
I don’t know if they carry Tasers?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The British police should be like the Spanish police, you don’t mess with them!
I don’t know if they carry Tasers?
Spanish police are armed with handguns - about time our lot were.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:23 PM

Recruitment will be difficult if we do not offer the protection, because of the dangers they face. Combat the threat of lawlessness. Policing by consent definition.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ing-by-consent

Proportionate policing, there are concerns that increasing the use of tasers will increase the violence towards officers.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:10 PM

You have to be doubly sure of a persons character before you possess them with any type of weapon, not just because of a job title.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:11 PM

Yes most definitely. I still have the silly little truncheon my father carried and I would not want to go up against two or three knife or machette wielding thugs as he did.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:18 PM

Spose its about faith in institutions and faith in individuals.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:56 PM

No they should be carrying guns, an armed society is a polite society.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:34 AM

I had no idea that the Brit police weren't issued with tasers. It surprises me that they aren't seeing that they don't have firearms either. All police, federal and state carry firearms and tasers here. Fully visible and some of the cars carry heavier weapons as well I think. The Tactical groups are armed to the teeth but then again so are yours I have seen. As I said before on another thread, police have to be able to protect themselves if they are going to protect the public. Those brave cops that gave their lives tackling knife wielding scumbags in London and other places could have fared a lot better with a carefully aimed shot. Tasers don't always work but they rarely do any real harm to the offender and can sure slow them down. I'm no fan of guns but they are a tool of trade in the hands of the right people (Police and military only)
The right tools in the right hands do the right job yeah?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 03:27 AM

Hi

A different view.

I have worked with our Police for many years.

The vast majority are rational, good people.

I have no issues at all with arming them with Tasers.

Unfortunately we have have a few Police Officers who are complete pillocks.

Arrogant gits who I would not arm with a water pistol.

Control Freaks, no Commonsense at all.

They tend to gravitate to Traffic Officers.

One such, decided to stop me and breathalyse me when I had been working an 8 hour shift with his colleagues.

The breathalyser limits are much lower for Enforcement Officers, I passed.

The Drugs tests are very strict, it is a given that you must be Zero at the start of the shift, it is also a given that at the end of the shift you will be contaminated

Primarily by Cocaine.

One of the most aggressive such Pillocks, Ross Yeomans, is now suspended for Fraud.

A Police Federation Officer, a disgrace to most.

I trust our Police, one of the best in the World.

They are not perfect however are there are some who should never have been Police.

Very few, but they are complete pillocks.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Should our police be routinely carrying Tasers as protection against the rising levels of violence towards themselves and other members of society?
NSW Police routinely carry a gun, pepper spray and a Taser. The problem with a taser is that it doesn't always have the desired effect, conditions have to be right but it has saved some people's life as police have a non lethal option when confronted by a nutter.

Even shooting someone in the legs with a gun can result in death as happened a couple of days ago.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/armed-ma...-by-nsw-police

Absolutely in favour of all police carrying a taser as well as a gun.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top