Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 05:45 AM

Re: Out we go !

Originally Posted by Bread ->
But they didnt just "disagree with Beexit" did they ...
No, they voted down Mays deal, as did all the ardent brexiteers except Boris who voted for it on one occasion

Any other actions remainers have done must have been entirely within the law else the police would be investigating.

So what’s your problem?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
No, they voted down Mays deal, as did all the ardent brexiteers except Boris who voted for it on one occasion

Any other actions remainers have done must have been entirely within the law else the police would be investigating.

So what’s your problem?

They triggered A50 - to leave with or without a deal.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 03:11 PM

So what’s your problem?
The problem is boris promising to leave without a deal, but nevertheless begging the EU for a deal. Worst of all, for may's deal. He suggests dumping the backstop, but still talks about the transition period. That period is described/offered in may's deal. So boris is sending mixed messages to the EU, and to his people.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The problem is boris promising to leave without a deal, but nevertheless begging the EU for a deal. Worst of all, for may's deal. He suggests dumping the backstop, but still talks about the transition period. That period is described/offered in may's deal. So boris is sending mixed messages to the EU, and to his people.
Just remember the collateral damage your country will face if your unelected masters do not enter negotiations.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 03:42 PM

''Get on with Brexit, says Stuart Rose, former chairman of Remain campaign''

The Conservative peer has previously warned that holding a second referendum would only prolong uncertainty for businesses and result in investment decisions being delayed for several years

The former chairman of the Remain campaign has dismissed calls for a second referendum, claiming that politicians should abide by the “democratic process” and “get on with it”.

Lord Rose of Monewden, who also previously served as executive chairman of Marks and Spencer, said that he believed the UK should have already left the European Union with an “agreed friendly divorce”.

Asked if he was now calling for another poll due to the increased prospect of no-deal, the former head of Britain Stronger in Europe said: “No, I’m not. I’m saying listen, we made our decision, it’s democratic decision, let’s go with it in the best possible way we can.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...smisses-calls/

I agree with him, also all this hesitation and delay to our leaving may well be doing more harm to our economy than leaving without a deal could ever do...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
''Get on with Brexit, says Stuart Rose, former chairman of Remain campaign''

I agree with him, also all this hesitation and delay to our leaving may well be doing more harm to our economy than leaving without a deal could ever do...
You forgot to quote the next sentence: I am a remainer, but I do believe in democratic

I agree with him. The UK should leave the EU. That was your democratic choice.
Nevertheless, it's a stupid decision, but it's consequences can be reconditioned by re-applying for membership after the british people have felt the cold outside the EU. So nothing is lost by leaving.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You forgot to quote the next sentence: I am a remainer, but I do believe in democratic

I agree with him. The UK should leave the EU........ it's consequences can be reconditioned by re-applying for membership after the british people have felt the cold outside the EU. So nothing is lost by leaving.
Once we have left, can I ask how long you honestly think the EU will continue? Surely others will follow suit?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-08-2019, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Once we have left, can I ask how long you honestly think the EU will continue? Surely others will follow suit?
If you had asked me that in 2017 I would not have been able to guess. Now I am confident that, seeing the mess of brexit, none will follow. You could already see that in may, no party in any country campaigning in the EU elections promoted exiting. Not even those parties who previously campaigned for that in other elections, now voiced statements like improving the EU from the inside.
You will be quite alone and isolated outside the EU.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 05:12 PM

So what’s your problem?

Originally Posted by Bread ->
They triggered A50 - to leave with or without a deal.
So your saying the fact They triggered A50 - to leave with or without a deal I’d a problem???

Either you’re had a revelation or your difficulty in comprehension of the English language has confused you
Banchory
Kent

21-08-2019, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Why would they?

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top