Join for free
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:16 AM

Re: Is Boris a closet fascist who’s come out?

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Something else you haven't read

Paragraph 2 or 3 of my earlier post

It's funny when you forget which user name your logged in as

Can you not let the 9 year old kid do the answering for you? probably get a lot more sense out of him/her.

Show us where it says in the yellow hammer document and posts from myself and banchory where it says TO A HALT there I've made it in to big letters for you.

You are just telling blatant lies because it doesn't, another example of your confusion is you saying that I forget my user name. Kin grow up.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Can you not let the 9 year old kid do the answering for you? probably get a lot more sense out of him/her.

Show us where it says in the yellow hammer document and posts from myself and banchory where it says TO A HALT there I've made it in to big letters for you.

You are just telling blatant lies because it doesn't, another example of your confusion is you saying that I forget my user name. Kin grow up.
Here it is again
Up to 85 per cent of lorries using the main Channel crossings “may not be ready” for French customs, and could face delays of up to 2.5 days.

Some 50 to 85 per cent of lorries travelling from Calais to Dover, known as the “short straits”, are not expected*to be ready. This could reduce the flow of traffic to 40 to 60 per cent of the current levels within 24 hours.

Where to you think the 40 - 60% of the reduction in the flow of traffic (cars, lorries, vans, footfall) will go ?

See - you just need to read, and be careful because it sounds more and more like your disagreeing with your own argument.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:28 PM

Here it is again
Up to 85 per cent of lorries using the main Channel crossings “may not be ready” for French customs, and could face delays of up to 2.5 days.

Some 50 to 85 per cent of lorries travelling from Calais to Dover, known as the “short straits”, are not expected*to be ready. This could reduce the flow of traffic to 40 to 60 per cent of the current levels within 24 hours.

Where to you think the 40 - 60% of the reduction in the flow of traffic (cars, lorries, vans, footfall) will go ?

See - you just need to read, and be careful because it sounds more and more like your disagreeing with your own argument.
At last after some struggle you have agreed with myself and banchory that the document does not say 'to a halt' and it was only your own demented assessment of what it said. One wonders for what reason, I think most sensible people will recognise just why.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:42 PM

At last after some struggle you have agreed with myself and banchory that the document does not say 'to a halt' and it was only your own demented assessment of what it said. One wonders for what reason, I think most sensible people will recognise just why.
A 50% reduction means a 50% halt, or a 50% stop or 50% less.

It means 50% is not there anymore.

Your just splitting hairs and massaging words

You hadn't even read Yellowhammer
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Proof that the UK were model Europeans..........If only the rest of you had been up to our standards!!
Pity that he only provided for the cause (pulling british diplomats back). That's not model european, that's typical british. The solution was foreseen in european procedural rules.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:28 PM

And isn't there trade via sea container ports and air ports? How much (%) goes by calais dover lorries?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-08-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
And isn't there trade via sea container ports and air ports? How much (%) goes by calais dover lorries?
It's just Calais that the remainers are concerned about.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I can't answer that particular question, but you are correct that we, as an island nation, import and export via container freight, air freight, through refineries etc........and it is in our experience and practices in these processes that we will find a solution to the NI border issue!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:40 PM

Of course there is a solution but how much will it cost us?
itsme
Wigan UK

23-08-2019, 10:45 AM

A 50% reduction means a 50% halt, or a 50% stop or 50% less.

It means 50% is not there anymore.

Your just splitting hairs and massaging words

You hadn't even read Yellowhammer
"This could reduce the flow of traffic to 40 to 60 per cent of the current levels within 24 hours."

the action or fact of making something smaller or less in amount, degree, or size.

It does not mean that the traffic is not there anymore as you suggest it means that it will take longer to get through the port.

Neither is it about splitting hairs, it is about accurate observation, some thing you seem totally devoid of.

Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top