Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 04:46 PM

Re: A bad year for the Royals

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The majority of people I have spoken to agree that after the Queen has passed on, it should be time to drop the Royal family. No one really likes our future King Charles and Wills and Harry who started off OK have lost it big time. As for Andrew.....
Spot on LD. When her Maj finally pegs it, that's the end of a truly epic reign. As for the also rans, they might as well become part of show business, luvvies and all.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 04:53 PM

Whilst there have been a few positive comments about certain members of the Royals, the majority of posts seem to be in favour of scrapping the monarchy.

The question is - how could/would we go about achieving this?
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Princess Margaret could have married Townsend but she would have had to give up her position .
In the end rank won .
It is said that the friends of Peter Townsend all heaved a sigh of relief as they thought she would have been bad for him .
Townsend to all reported was a quiet undemanding man .
I agree, Princess Margaret thought she could have it all but in the end she had no real friends only hangers on. Her selfishness destroyed her own life and the life of others . Townsend had a lucky escape.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Whilst there have been a few positive comments about certain members of the Royals, the majority of posts seem to be in favour of scrapping the monarchy.

There is such talk but would we really like to be like France or the USA? There has been such talk since the French revolution but common sense prevails. I'm sure it will continue to do so.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
There is such talk but would we really like to be like France or the USA? There has been such talk since the French revolution but common sense prevails. I'm sure it will continue to do so.
"Common Sense"? Hmm - heard of that - didn't it become extinct shortly after the dinosaurs?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:34 PM

What's sensible about paying and fawning over one uber rich family who merely got lucky in the lottery of birth .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->

I was going to suggest a public vote but that doesn't seem to account for much these days.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Spot on LD. When her Maj finally pegs it, that's the end of a truly epic reign. As for the also rans, they might as well become part of show business, luvvies and all.
That's all they are tbh, 'celebs'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-08-2019, 06:40 PM

I can't really see how it would be any different apart from the fact we wouldn't have to pay for the Royal Family.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-08-2019, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by muddy ->
what's sensible about paying and fawning over one uber rich family who merely got lucky in the lottery of birth .

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top