Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:38 PM

Meanwhile in Dublin...

Oh dear.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN1VC18Y
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 02:23 PM

Re: Meanwhile in Dublin...

Sorry Bread, this thread had moved down the page and I didn't spot it until you mentioned it on another thread.

Yes, Southern Ireland is in a very precarious position in the event of a no-deal. Because of that idiot Varadakar and his love of the microphone, businesses were taken in by his "I am the big I am" act and therefore put themselves in a perpetual state of the Pause button. He has had them so convinced that either the EU or our own enemy within would stop Brexit in its tracks and all would be well with the world again, many, now seeing the truth before them, have left it too late to prepare for no-deal.

Very sad, but blame that poser and his EU chums.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Sorry Bread, this thread had moved down the page and I didn't spot it until you mentioned it on another thread.

Yes, Southern Ireland is in a very precarious position in the event of a no-deal. Because of that idiot Varadakar and his love of the microphone, businesses were taken in by his "I am the big I am" act and therefore put themselves in a perpetual state of the Pause button. He has had them so convinced that either the EU or our own enemy within would stop Brexit in its tracks and all would be well with the world again, many, now seeing the truth before them, have left it too late to prepare for no-deal.

It's all about to back-fire....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

It seems the irish go by boris' hair. They assume he found a comb and picked it up. So his plans will fail.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-08-2019, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It seems the irish go by boris' hair. They assume he found a comb and picked it up. So his plans will fail.

Boom tish !
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:59 PM

You could look at the brexit situation like the Ireland UK situation but with a bit more fisticuffs. Southern Ireland wanted to leave us but NI didn't. We compromised after a bit of bloodshed in 1922 but the Irish remainers/rejoiners banged on about it for another 70 years.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
You could look at the brexit situation like the Ireland UK situation but with a bit more fisticuffs. Southern Ireland wanted to leave us but NI didn't. We compromised after a bit of bloodshed in 1922 but the Irish remainers/rejoiners banged on about it for another 70 years.
You mean that if a majority in parliament votes to revoke article 50, you don't accept that majority and keep on moaning for another 40 years?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-08-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You mean that if a majority in parliament votes to revoke article 50, you don't accept that majority and keep on moaning for another 40 years?

It would not respect the referendum result. The decision was made by the people, a decision that was to be made by the people with overwhelming support from parliament.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top