Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2013, 01:54 PM

Re: Fracking

UJ they started Fracking not 5 miles from me on the far edge of "The Moss" a peat moss, in 2009 it was halted in 2011 while council thought about it they did and said No. They will get their own way in the end, but you know the crack on my back patio, thats when it started moving, perhaps a connection there, BTW it's effects were felt as far away as Blackpool 50mls apparently.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2013, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Does it 'have to' affect your area ...... If there was a disaster because of it - I'm sure you would be angry about it, as I would be .....
Well yes if I had educated myself about it (which I haven't) then I could say whether it is good or not. I would obviously educate myself about something I had to live alongside.

But from afar I can say we need to do something, this may or may not be the thing to do.

Do you always have cast iron opinions about things you know little about ? I tend to wait until I have experience or have done some research about things.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2013, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well yes if I had educated myself about it (which I haven't) then I could say whether it is good or not. I would obviously educate myself about something I had to live alongside.

But from afar I can say we need to do something, this may or may not be the thing to do.

Do you always have cast iron opinions about things you know little about ? I tend to wait until I have experience or have done some research about things.
If I have little knowledge on a subject I always say so early on. The article I saw on 'Fracking' was enough for me to decide it is 'not' a good idea ... But, like with everything else - it will go ahead and then, they will rue the day ...
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2013, 02:12 PM

stop making this personal, this thread is about Fracking, and before anyone jumps down my throat I have mentioned no names, nor made an accusation against anyone.Just stick to what you think about Fracking please
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2013, 02:17 PM

Hello Hazel - I really cant see 'personal' comments here - honestly.....
I feel strongly about it, but have not been rude to anyone surely ....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2013, 02:26 PM

I wasn't being personal either I don't think just saying why I had little to say about it.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

10-07-2013, 02:37 PM

about 15 years ago we had a minor earth tremour which damaged my garden wall and there was a slight crack across the concrete, it never altered till about 3/4 years ago when it started to widen. I'd never heard of fracking, seems it started 2009, till it was suspended in 2011, they applied to reopen it either end of last year or early this not sure which cos there's so much going on round here you lose track, Anyhow according to the paper it was suspended cos of fears to the house foundations fairly close by (probably about a mile away), anyhow the coucil refused to grant permission. They also want to do open cast mining not far away from that. Oh yes and they'd like a windfarm too. Now I'm not a geologist nor do I hold any politcal persuasion, I just don't want the Frackin in my area, just in case.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-07-2013, 03:26 PM

I agree with you - I wouldn't want it either - start tampering with the Earth at the depths they want to - gonna cause problems - you dont have to be a scientist to work that out ....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-07-2013, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I agree with you - I wouldn't want it either - start tampering with the Earth at the depths they want to - gonna cause problems - you dont have to be a scientist to work that out ....
Yet we have allowed mining for many centuries and taken oil from much greater depths.

Perhaps nuclear is the best way to go ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-07-2013, 03:40 PM

Yes - its the hydraulic pressure that would need to be used, thats a concern.....

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top