Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 09:10 PM

X-Factor :- Singing Contest or Crying Contest ?

I watched some of this tonight and there was more crying than singing. Are the contestants ordered to cry regardless of whether they've passed or not ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 11:26 PM

Re: X-Factor :- Singing Contest or Crying Contest ?

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I watched some of this tonight and there was more crying than singing. Are the contestants ordered to cry regardless of whether they've passed or not ?
I watched it Alan and wanted to say get a grip for heavens sake and if I hear 'it means the world to me ' I will pull my hair out .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 11:28 PM

Yes I agree Alan, it got a bit much. However, I also do not like the way the judges 'play' with these kids emotions, I think it's all wrong the way they wind them up pretending to be 'undecided' whether to keep them or not. Don't like that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes I agree Alan, it got a bit much. However, I also do not like the way the judges 'play' with these kids emotions, I think it's all wrong the way they wind them up pretending to be 'undecided' whether to keep them or not. Don't like that.
I agree, all that playing to the cameras with little genuine consideration for the feelings of the contestants.

A number of them had given up jobs to be there and all for nothing. I was worried about the ones auditioning on top of a roof
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 11:43 PM

Yes, agree Meg, a bit stupid and uneccessary, I thought - not impressed!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 01:57 AM

I didn't watch X-Factor for the last three years, but have been watching it this year and, unless you've watched it from the beginning and seen and heard the emotion the contestants have put into this from the start, then you have to realise how important it is for these people, be they young, or older.

As an ex-singer myself, I do understand how desperate they are to be part of a better life for themselves and their families and for me, being a singster, was just a bit of fun for me and a sideline for which I was paid at various gigs for 10 years and thinking about it, if X-Factor was around then, I might have had a go myself, with no convictions of winning.

Having said that, I do agree that some of the judges' comments can be very harsh, which is right and proper with certain people who are totally useless but, playing with their emotions when they themselves are living in the land of luxury through their own success, isn't right. Thing is, it DOES mean everything to them because it's in their soul and in their very being to make music their life and be recognised. Don't forget, some of these are kids and for them it's everything and to be told "you're not good enough" could mean devastation for them. The older contestants would take it much better because they're more mature, but for the youngesters it could seriously have a massive impact on them. However, they have to be aware that it's a risk they take on a competition such as this.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 07:42 AM

I watched it and in my opinion some are too young. The girls for instance are 16,17, and 18. That is a very young age to be laying your future on the line. That's when I think the term of I have been wanting this all of my life falls a little stoney for me. I always wanted a horse and never got one but it didn't ruin my life. I think I would be chuffed to death just going to the Judges houses and pleased to see Louis doesnt take them to Ireland nowadays. That became a very non surprise. I think the groups and the boys are very strong this year so we wait and see how they get on with the live shows.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 08:24 AM

Its all so contrived - couldn't bear to watch another episode 3 year ago - good decision .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

07-10-2013, 09:26 AM

Having said that, I do agree that some of the judges' comments can be very harsh, which is right and proper with certain people who
I wish some judges were more harsh a bit sooner rather than taking some contestants to 'bootcamp' and giving them false hope when it it is clear to all who view that never in a million years would that person win any record deal.

It does the poor contestant no favours at all to give them false hope.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 10:35 AM

I agree with much of the above, and also wondered why on earth they are flown business class??? It's like saying, "This is how good life can be if you make the grade, and what you will miss if you don't." I think particularly some of the young ones will be given some false values in life...
I've gone off it big time, although I think if you don't watch the early stages and just watch the live shows it might be more appealing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top