Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 03:00 PM

Re: Frozen

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
He sounds a good egg.
He is.....he's is fifteen now.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well perhaps it's just me but if I was thinking of getting pregnant with one man I don't think I could move on to a happy relationship with another. And how would the other man feel if she went and had a baby with a past partner ?
The answer is awkward at best Julie.

I've been in three relationships where I have accepted another man's child or children and it's very hard, especially when the child or children appear to think the sun shines out of every orifice the absent father has and you are rated 2nd, no matter what you do or how you feel.

This daft bint will not have a lasting relationship if, after TEN YEARS she didn't go ahead with a pregnancy so she's expecting some poor sod to accept this with no question?!!

Watching this on the TV News I couldn't help but get the impression she wants sympathy but her whole intention is totally selfish and rather pointless IMHO! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 05:40 PM

Really don't understand your point Steve - the child - if she has one, will never meet the father, let alone 'know' him ........
Don't get this line either ......
[IMG]This daft bint will not have a lasting relationship if, after TEN YEARS she didn't go ahead with a pregnancy so she's expecting some poor sod to accept this with no question?!![/IMG]
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Really don't understand your point Steve - the child - if she has one, will never meet the father, let alone 'know' him ........
Don't get this line either ......
[IMG]This daft bint will not have a lasting relationship if, after TEN YEARS she didn't go ahead with a pregnancy so she's expecting some poor sod to accept this with no question?!![/IMG]
Sorry if my point was obscure but you have to live this to understand it Patsy.

I married a woman because she told me that her pregnancy was down to me.

It wasn't and in the end she admitted that she knew as much.

I started another relationship with a woman after my divorce who had a child from her former (dead) husband but no matter what I did I was never, ever allowed to act as a father to the boy because she wanted him to know his father; the man that ran off to the US and left them destitute.

From what I saw on TV this woman was complaining that after 10 years the cryogenics lab asked her what her intentions were regarding her dead husband's sperm and wanted to terminate but she wants to hang on until she's ready and expects another man to accept this situation without question.

My wife now has two sons from her 1st marriage, one of which accepts me and the other shows me nothing but contempt despite the fact that his father's numerous indiscretions and failure to keep a roof over their heads - TWICE - resulted in some severe deprivations in the younger lives.

Maybe I've had very bad experiences but I've known many others who have been in the same position as I have with someone else's children to take on and I'm saying it is not easy and it is in my opinion very unfair for any woman to automatically expect any man to simply accept someone else's child! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 06:15 PM

I think I may have got this wrong - I thought she had only just been granted the right to have the baby .....Came in at the last minute of the news item.
Even so, so many new dads take on children with absolutely no problem.
As I am not privy to the 'full' facts of the case, I wont comment further ..
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I think I may have got this wrong - I thought she had only just been granted the right to have the baby .....Came in at the last minute of the news item.
Even so, so many new dads take on children with absolutely no problem.
As I am not privy to the 'full' facts of the case, I wont comment further ..
No she hasn't been granted anything re a baby Patsy, she has just been given extended time to keep her dead husbands sperm in frozen storage, the donor would normally be required to give consent for that but being as the donor (her husband) is dead it had to be decided by the court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26470656
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 12:13 AM

Why has she waited 2 years, and how come she still doesn't know if she even wants the baby or not?
I'm probably wrong, but I wonder if she is arguing out of principle more than anything else? Surely if you loved and missed your spouse desperately, your biggest desire would be to able to be pregnant by him a.s.a.p.?
Or have I misunderstood?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-03-2014, 10:01 AM

Thanks for the link Pats - having read that, it is clear why she has waited, seems sensible to me .......
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 11:27 AM

Why can't she store it as long as she wants, afterall the stuff did belong to her late husband and anything he had should pass to her shouldn't it; or is this a storage problem alone?

If they never had any children during the marriage then his blood line will die out but at least now there is a chance it won't should she ever conceive with it, that is unless he already had other children?

Should be up to her if you ask me.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Why has she waited 2 years, and how come she still doesn't know if she even wants the baby or not?
I'm probably wrong, but I wonder if she is arguing out of principle more than anything else? Surely if you loved and missed your spouse desperately, your biggest desire would be to able to be pregnant by him a.s.a.p.?
Or have I misunderstood?
I'm not sure that trying to get pregnant while grieving for your spouse is ideal, though, Mups. But I agree that she may be arguing for the principle itself.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top