Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2014, 11:23 PM

Re: Favorite Books

Originally Posted by carol ->
One of my favourite books is 'Stranger in the Mirror' by Sidney Sheldon. I also enjoy the writing of Danielle Steele and Jackie Collins. (You'll gather I don't read 'heavy' stuff) lol
Recently I've discovered Anna Jacobs and really enjoy her stories. Josephine Cox and Margaret Dickinson are two more authors who are always a good read. I see one of their books and I know it will be good.
All my favourites authors too including Maureen Lee and Helen Forrester
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2014, 09:21 AM

Re: Favorite Books

Oh I used to love Anya Seton. And Jean Plaidy. And Georgette Heyer. The Richard Burton diaries are very very readable - I got 'em for 99p on kindle so no weight!, and just dip in from time to time. Such a clever and frustrated man. Drank himself to death like so many from that time. Diaries are great glimpses into lives - love Virginia Woolf's too, and there's a great anthology The Assassin's Cloak which cherrypicks extracts from all sorts of peoples' diaries on each day of the year. Childhood - would have to be Little Women.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top