Join for free
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 08:58 PM

State Pension Payments

My wife and I have been having our Pensions paid into our bank account for years. We are now in the process of changing our bank. Is it correct that the only way to inform the NI about our change is by telephone?

Arthur
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 09:14 PM

Re: State Pension Payments

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that your new bank did all the necessary work of informing all interested parties.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 11:02 PM

Hi Alan,
Sadly the new bank does all the work on your direct debit payments, but regular moneys received is down to the individual to re-arrange.

Arthur
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 11:08 PM

Maybe you should think over changing to the new bank as they should be showing you how good the customer services are! When I changed banks my new bank handled transfer of all payments in and out of my account. Sorry can't help with how to notify DWP but perhaps it is on the website?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
My wife and I have been having our Pensions paid into our bank account for years. We are now in the process of changing our bank. Is it correct that the only way to inform the NI about our change is by telephone?

Arthur

I might be wrong Arthur, but I don't think they accept it over the phone, I think you'd have to fill in a form and supply your signature. I'd make a quick phone call to be sure, as you don't want any mistakes made.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
Hi Alan,
Sadly the new bank does all the work on your direct debit payments, but regular moneys received is down to the individual to re-arrange.

Arthur
My new bank did the lot when I changed but that was about 10 years ago.
Irene
Stafford, England
Irene is female  Irene has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 10:33 AM

The following web page should help:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-pension-service

Change in circumstances

Report a change, eg your address, spouse or partner, or bank account details.

Report a change in circumstances
Telephone: 0345 606 0265
Textphone: 0345 606 0285
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top