Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 11:28 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

We were having a chat about the cost of these massive blockbuster films last night which are now becoming not so amazing anymore due to overkill of these special effects. Thing is, once you have seen fifty tyrannosaurus rex tear the limbs off every human in sight you've seen it all.

You could chew about every whole of wrongs these days with this Charlie Chaplin clip but with no Adobe Photo shop, CGI or stuntmen involved there was just a great actor doing what he did best at the time which was making us kids gasp, jump out of our skins and laugh at the Saturday morning threepenny fleapit leaving us in awe of his daring do's.

It even made some of us go off to foreign parts so we could see them out of cages

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 04:37 PM

True,very true...but luckily,Solo,there's always the memory of Bluce Ree's expertise with Blass Bands,to bring harmony.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 08:30 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 09:33 PM

Yes Pug, I see your martial arts expert, Loose Flea, is adopting the classic “Pigmy aiming blowpipe” stand, note the right index finger firmly clutching the centre bar of the instrument to reach and hold the high notes, the left index finger inserted into the mouthpiece to lend a quivering sound effect if needed, remark a bold, yes truly remark a bold, as they say in the midlands here.

Ah you can’t beat the old pro’s when they were at their best Solo, they made the whole world laugh and cry.
The first time I saw the old Lon Chaney Wolfman films I was amazed at the scenes where he changes into the wolf man and then back again, and being a young lad I really did think that it was for real. Then the next special effect that had me spellbound was the parting of the Red Sea in “The Ten Commandants”, of course back then we hadn’t a clue how it was all done, but that made it more enjoyable I think, there were quite a few tricks in that film for it’s time (1956), today they have really gone wild with the special effects, but then again they are not so special when you know how it’s all done.
We even have films now about the making of the films, alas the magic is gone and there is no mystery anymore.

As one sick werewolf said to the other, a change is as good as a rest.
Oh God, eez terrible as my Spanish friend used to say.

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 09:57 AM

Saw a few scenes being shot in Honkers with Little Flea himself doing his thing. A small, slender man and so balletic in his movements.

Never saw him with a trombone in his hand though..how life could have beeen so different if I had

solo
UK

29-05-2019, 10:00 AM

In 1884, electrical engineer Rookes Crompton wrote, “At the recent Crystal Palace Electrical Exhibition, a couple from the country asked the price of an incandescent lamp at one of the stalls, and being supplied with it for 5s, expended a box of matches in trying to light it, and then declared the whole thing was a swindle.”

You may laugh but I am just the same when told, for example, how simple it is to use an expensive smartphone, so try one, find out it isn't that simple batterywise, so declare the whole thing is a swindle.

People will always be people. Somethings never change do they
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 11:39 AM

One hopes that's a fact solo.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

29-05-2019, 11:41 AM

Thinking about Enter the Dragon, was you favourite character Han Solo?
solo
UK

29-05-2019, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Thinking about Enter the Dragon, was you favourite character Han Solo?
Only saw the few scenes from Enter the dragon that were being shot, never the whole film as I did not like John Saxon as an actor so I have thunked on this..and having thunked long and hard I can now tell you that the only Solo I know about is singing solo. So low that you can't hear me .

Pssssss..dont tell anyone that I wasn't a Star Wars fan either.

I can do Hans, knees and a bumpsy daisy sung solo though .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

29-05-2019, 02:40 PM

Just went to see that film Rocketman, was a bit disappointed, was expecting a documentary about Kim Jong Un.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top