Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 12:46 PM

Re: The double slit experiment.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
He does! He might be my phone a friend on 'Who want's to be a Millionaire'.
I hope I don't let you down. However, should you receive a large prize I expect my 50%.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Quantum physics, a fascinating subject and I love watching anything to do with it, I love it because the ordinary person and the scientist are on level ground, we can all let our imaginations go wild, man finally meets something his brain is not equipped to handle and is baffled because he can’t understand how it works, that’s only human, more software and a few mystical apps need to be installed into the human brain first, that could take a few thousand years of evolution, but one day we will be equipped to use some of the many powers that are all around us , we just don't know how to utilise them, personally I don’t think we are ready for them yet, and nature won't let us near them until we are able to use them without destroying ourselves, that to me is a good thing, just look at what we did with atomic power and what we threaten to do with nuclear power.
I wish I knew more about the subject as I am sure it is fascinating. I love the idea of multiple parallel universes and can see why the theory exists because of the double slit experiment.

My favourite TV series is FRINGE which has a lot to do with parallel universes plus a lot of other weird stuff that although unlikely, has some realistic background knowledge to it.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 04:58 PM

In a few million years life on this planet will not exist,in an ever expanding universe all that will remain are photons wandering around in space-and space is BIG. Probably a good time to buy a bottle of decent wine and have a very nice meal.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
In a few million years life on this planet will not exist,in an ever expanding universe all that will remain are photons wandering around in space-and space is BIG. Probably a good time to buy a bottle of decent wine and have a very nice meal.
You're probably right. That's another thing that I cannot get my head around. The fact that space is infinite; without end.

I have sometimes philosophised(!) about what would happen if I could travel through space at a speed faster than light, and for an unlimited amount of time. What would I see beyond the blackness? Would I eventually arrive at a completely different place: no stars, no planets, some sort of room, or something I cannot even imagine right now?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 07:11 PM

Has anyone seen the film Interstellar?
That deals with space and time and travel in a mind-bending but believable, way.
And the music is out of this world
You've got to get it if you haven't seen it.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 11:32 PM

Eh - what?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Eh - what?
?????
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
That deals with space and time and travel in a mind-bending but believable, way.
Very good film indeed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Not sure if I have or not Rhian. Thanks though, I love films like that. I will look it up on IMDB.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Each person generates their own magnetic field,
Good theory Malcolm, and I believe that this is the reason why several people can experience the same feeling or vision when experiencing supernatural phenomena in say a haunted house. If one person can generate a strong enough field it can be picked up by all in the group, perhaps by using a function we never knew we had and seldom used. And could it be, that once generated it can remain in the vicinity for others to see or feel at a later date similar to ancient drawings on caves except in the magnetic fields present in the area.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top