Join for free
Page 12 of 46 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 01:10 PM

Re: General Brexit discussion posts split from 'How did you vote thread'

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Yes I know about that organisation.

another scriptwriter creating yet another possible plot.

Possibility is all that can be discussed. There is no certainty
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 01:34 PM

Hi

I have no idea what is being discussed and what the outcome will be.

All I am concerned about is that our Politicians and Civil Servants get their act together and get the systems in place to minimise any possible loss to the UK.

I personally do not want any more Austerity.

I remain convinced that leaving is the right thing to do, however we should not underestimate the ability of our Politicians to make a right mess of it.

We should already be talking to our current export markets outside the EU to maintain them.

These things take time, they have to be agreed with Foreign Governments.

The USA is a huge customer of ours, we should be talking to them to agree our trade with them on existing terms, Farage could have helped greatly in this, May, for political reasons, has chosen not to do so.

It annoys me.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 01:41 PM

As far as I'm concerned, Farage was the catalyst that delivered the result of the referendum.

What I can't work out is why they are freezing him out.

He knows the wasters we have to deal with like the back of hand, the knowledge he has of them and their ways is unsurpassed as far as I can tell. I just don't get it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
As far as I'm concerned, Farage was the catalyst that delivered the result of the referendum.

What I can't work out is why they are freezing him out.

He knows the wasters we have to deal with like the back of hand, the knowledge he has of them and their ways is unsurpassed as far as I can tell. I just don't get it.
Hi

Politics, Farage is not a Tory.

The Tories do not want to give any credence to UKIP ahead of the next Election.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
All I am concerned about is that our Politicians and Civil Servants get their act together and get the systems in place to minimise any possible loss to the UK.
I agree. As you yourself have said before, many of our problems are of our own making. Immigration from outside of the EU, for example, and the attraction of generous benefits, free healthcare, etc, being handed out to all and sundry.

The USA is a huge customer of ours, we should be talking to them to agree our trade with them on existing terms, Farage could have helped greatly in this, May, for political reasons, has chosen not to do so.
Again, I agree completely. I still live in hope that May will come up trumps. However, Farage could be a real asset to this country, but May clearly doesn't want his help presumably because he is not a member of her government or even her party.
Another example of how our politicians fail to do the best for the country.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 02:10 PM

Hi

Politics, Farage is not a Tory.

The Tories do not want to give any credence to UKIP ahead of the next Election.

I realize that but the was talk of making him a Lord and giving him a Cabinet position at one time.

I wonder what happened to that?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
I realize that but the was talk of making him a Lord and giving him a Cabinet position at one time.

I wonder what happened to that?
I suspect that the majority of the general public would be in favour of that but, unfortunately, peerages are the purview of the PM. Apparently, not even the Queen (other than nominally) may grant peerages, otherwise it is quite possible he would have been 'elevated' before now.

A forlorn hope, perhaps, but the next general election could change all of that.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. As you yourself have said before, many of our problems are of our own making. Immigration from outside of the EU, for example, and the attraction of generous benefits, free healthcare, etc, being handed out to all and sundry.

Again, I agree completely. I still live in hope that May will come up trumps. However, Farage could be a real asset to this country, but May clearly doesn't want his help presumably because he is not a member of her government or even her party.
Another example of how our politicians fail to do the best for the country.
It is because Farage is seen as an extremist buffoon he is outside the UK.
Only the UK would see him as anything else.

You really don't know what other countries think do you? I now know why you make some really silly remarks. I will take this on board and make allowances.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 02:53 PM

As he's ours I am not really interested in what any other country thinks of him, luckily we appreciate difference still and I see nige as a bit of an English eccentric long may he continue to put our country first.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

28-12-2016, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
It is because Farage is seen as an extremist buffoon he is outside the UK.
Only the UK would see him as anything else.

You really don't know what other countries think do you? I now know why you make some really silly remarks. I will take this on board and make allowances.
Hi

Farage is seen as an extremist buffoon by many in the EU, that is true.

However the EU is not the entire World.

Page 12 of 46 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top