Join for free
Page 4 of 46 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 02:02 PM

Re: General Brexit discussion posts split from 'How did you vote thread'

Is Brexit catching i ask. ?

The 2019 #Calexit Independence Referendum

In the Spring of 2019, Californians will go to the polls in a historic vote to decide by referendum if California should exit the Union, a #Calexit vote.

You will have this historic opportunity because the Yes California Independence Campaign will qualify a citizen’s initiative for the 2018 ballot that if passed would call for a special election for Californians to vote for or against the independence of California from the United States.

This is a very important question. It is the responsibility of this campaign to explain what a yes vote will mean for you, your family, your community, our state, our country, and our world. We have designed this website to answer many of these questions and look to you to ask more.

"As the sixth largest economy in the world, California is more economically powerful than France and has a population larger than Poland. Point by point, California compares and competes with countries, not just the 49 other states.”

In our view, the United States of America represents so many things that conflict with Californian values, and our continued statehood means California will continue subsidizing the other states to our own detriment, and to the detriment of our children.

Although charity is part of our culture, when you consider that California’s infrastructure is falling apart, our public schools are ranked among the worst in the entire country, we have the highest number of homeless persons living without shelter and other basic necessities, poverty rates remain high, income inequality continues to expand, and we must often borrow money from the future to provide services for today, now is not the time for charity.

http://www.yescalifornia.org/

http://www.yescalifornia.org/
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I agree and I think TM also has smelt the coffee , what remoaners are doing by scuttling the LEAVE decision is trying to ignore the countries decision by legal loopholes ,splitting hairs and plain old sculdugory ...... if they are successful and for whatever reason brexit doesn't happen then sooner or later we will have to have an election and once again the people will have their say ..... and 52% of pissed off voters is I imagine a formidable sight to behold and certainly enough ticks in boxes to put anything from BNP to screaming monster party way ahead of anything and everything the mainstream parties could muster
Yes, after reading around various press outlets this morning, I've seen a general election mooted for as early as February.

A new anti brexit group is coming forward with Gidiot Osborne and the poisoned chalice also known as Nicolas Soames at the forefront.

Interesting times ahead.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 04:42 PM

Bring it on indeed
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
I must make it clear that I voted to Remain. I am genuinely surprised to see this almost unanimous backing for Leave. There seems to be no 48% here. Are other Remainers keeping quiet?

There is only one issue that makes me uncertain about whether I might change my vote if there was another Referendum. It is the often expressed ambition for ever closer union. That surely is leading to the United States of Europe which I cannot support. If that really is the future of the EU then I suppose leaving now would be less painful than leaving further down the line. But painful I feel it is going to be.
This was written in the Treaty n the 1980's.

The UK approved it.

Why didn't the UK express disapproval then?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Read it properly.
Not even I could read the link as quickly.

You REALLY do not want a quick general election after the loss of personal wealth after next year.

It hasn't even started yet.

Firstly your link is too THE guardian so straight away I just know it's going to be full of left wing multicultural claptrap straight from the mouth of cleggy or other wanna be politicians who can't quite get their heads around the fact 'they lost'

Secondly ...... yes bring it on ..... one thing is certain and that is sooner or later this country will have to have an election and people will have their little box's too tick on how the rabble have been performing and that's the real showdown , not what you or Junkers or anyone else says ...... it's then that the people ultimately decide and the remoaners are simply splitting the population more daily but eventually chickens come home too roost
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

11-12-2016, 06:22 PM

Shared from Sky News: Sky Views: Dangers of new black and white world of politics http://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-...itics-10691901

Wise words indeed
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 01:08 AM

I agree and I think TM also has smelt the coffee , what remoaners are doing by scuttling the LEAVE decision is trying to ignore the countries decision by legal loopholes ,splitting hairs and plain old sculdugory ...... if they are successful and for whatever reason brexit doesn't happen then sooner or later we will have to have an election and once again the people will have their say ..... and 52% of pissed off voters is I imagine a formidable sight to behold and certainly enough ticks in boxes to put anything from BNP to screaming monster party way ahead of anything and everything the mainstream parties could muster
Had to happen, Hoi Polloi Political Party.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 09:22 AM

Shared from Sky News: Sky Views: Dangers of new black and white world of politics http://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-...itics-10691901

Wise words indeed

As a 'Sky' journalist, she's a 'Murdoch' mouthpiece out of the same stable as the Sun and the late NoW - nuff said???
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

12-12-2016, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
As a 'Sky' journalist, she's a 'Murdoch' mouthpiece out of the same stable as the Sun and the late NoW - nuff said???

Ha ha ha , everyone has a slant on different news /media outlets and then simply dismisses their words as those of the devil and never learns anything
Let's have a thread on who we are allowed to read /follow in that case for 'accepted news stories'
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 12:28 PM

The whingeing remainiacs, who are trying their hardest to undo a democratic decision, are becoming almost as tedious to listen to as the fish woman.

Page 4 of 46 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top