Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2011, 01:38 AM

Re: Premium Bonds

never had any
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

05-12-2011, 05:52 PM

I bought one or two when they started in 1956 and a couple more in the sixties. I have never won a bean, nothing, zilch.

Come to think of it I have not got a clue where they are but from memory they were the smallest ones you could buy.
I think I changed my location on them a few times but who knows.
Maybe sitting on a fortune, on the other hand the former Mrs H might have claimed them and done a runner with ernie.
Hmmmmmmm
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 02:41 PM

Just checked the website and I've won £25 this month. Never seem to win any more though even though I've got £10,000 With interest rates so low though its worth the chance as I get a few £25 wins throughout the year.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 02:56 PM

Ernie has smiled on me this month as well ...... two £25 wins.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 11:59 AM

I have accumulated a £1000 of premium bonds over the years.
Had three £25 wins in that time.
I don't know if there is any truth in the claim that you are more likely to win with a newly bought bond than an old one.
It's also said they all get put in the draw.
It may be just a coincidence but my three wins were with new bonds
Would we have a better chance in the draw if we sold the old bonds and replaced with new ones.
Haven't bought any for years I wonder if that is why I haven't had any luck with mine for years
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by rueben ->
I have accumulated a £1000 of premium bonds over the years.
Had three £25 wins in that time.
I don't know if there is any truth in the claim that you are more likely to win with a newly bought bond than an old one.
It's also said they all get put in the draw.
It may be just a coincidence but my three wins were with new bonds
Would we have a better chance in the draw if we sold the old bonds and replaced with new ones.
Haven't bought any for years I wonder if that is why I haven't had any luck with mine for years
Ernie picks random numbers which are then matched against the bonds so its the luck of the draw and anyone can win. Makes no difference whether your bonds are new or old.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Ernie picks random numbers which are then matched against the bonds so its the luck of the draw and anyone can win. Makes no difference whether your bonds are new or old.
Yep just jesting really
There are that many bonds I believe they use a few Ernies.
Still keeping my fingers crossed
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 07:21 PM

I understand what you're saying, Reuben, as I think the same! The very first Premium Bonds went on sale 1st November 1956. I was fortunate to be able to acquire seventy-eight £1 bonds during the late 50/60s...... not one of those £1 bonds have ever won! I've often said to my husband that I think they have been jammed in Ernie's works! Over the years we have had several wins of £25 and £50 .... and two of £100 but nothing bigger than that and they have all been from the 80's to present day
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 08:07 PM

I have quite a few PBs the first ones purchased over 40 years ago.
Over the years I have had a number of wins never more than £50 and latterly when the prize money was reduced £25 only.

I used to think my wins were the equivalent of interest but I haven't had a win for ages so think I am out of pocket.

On year in the same week as my birthday I received 2 £25 in the same post
rueben
lancs uk

12-12-2011, 01:43 PM

A cheque for my last premium bond win arrived in the post on Friday 13th.
Lucky for some.

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top