Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 03:55 AM

Re: Staying or Going?

In a heart beat! My son has lived in Canada for the last 10 years so I was curious to see just what you had to do to live there permanently. I found the Australian site that gives you the paperwork. I always get confused with immigrate and migrate and filled in the wrong forms. I have lived here all my life and payed taxes since I was 17, so imagine my surprise when my reply from Canberra told me I barely made the grade to be a permanent resident!! IN AUSTRALIA! I would have thought they might have clicked when they saw the mailing address or the answer to the third question....where are you coming from! go figure!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Troopie ->
In a heart beat! My son has lived in Canada for the last 10 years so I was curious to see just what you had to do to live there permanently. I found the Australian site that gives you the paperwork. I always get confused with immigrate and migrate and filled in the wrong forms. I have lived here all my life and payed taxes since I was 17, so imagine my surprise when my reply from Canberra told me I barely made the grade to be a permanent resident!! IN AUSTRALIA! I would have thought they might have clicked when they saw the mailing address or the answer to the third question....where are you coming from! go figure!

Do you think they are trying to tell you something Don't worry I'm sure the Brits will take you back if you ever decided to return to the 'mother' country. You'd need to have a 'roo loose in the top paddock to want to 'tho
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->

Do you think they are trying to tell you something Don't worry I'm sure the Brits will take you back if you ever decided to return to the 'mother' country. You'd need to have a 'roo loose in the top paddock to want to 'tho
Errr, several, little buggers! Australia is very young so we don't have a lot of history. Schools used to teach about Burke and Wills, Ayers and other great explorers. Not now, kids learn that if you climb Ayers rock you will upset someone so don't! I have and it was fantastic. You have all those great castles and homes and history. The past kings and queens and their families. I watch 'a home in the country' and I would love to live in one of those homes.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2011, 02:17 AM

I could move to another country and not look back only if I took my family and best friends with me!
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 04:57 PM

I look out of my window, it's raining (lol, again!) but ... there's several shades of greenery and flowers and birds on the feeders - between showers and in the bird bath, my cat is asleep on 'her' chair here, with me and I love it! This earth, this realm, this England.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
I look out of my window, it's raining (lol, again!) but ... there's several shades of greenery and flowers and birds on the feeders - between showers and in the bird bath, my cat is asleep on 'her' chair here, with me and I love it! This earth, this realm, this England.
Iris I couldn't agree more

I wouldn't leave home for a million pounds or any amount of cash....
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 01:44 PM

I actually don't think I'd go for the deal. I chose, recently, to spend the remainder of my life in Oregon. Money could never replace what I have here. I'd be considered dirt poor by most American standards but I'm rich in my own heart.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I actually don't think I'd go for the deal. I chose, recently, to spend the remainder of my life in Oregon. Money could never replace what I have here. I'd be considered dirt poor by most American standards but I'm rich in my own heart.
Well said Bob. If you are lucky you get to a point in life when you have decided where you want to see out your days, when your needs are few, and the quality of your life is all that you could want. I have been lucky enough to reach that point in place and time, and I would want to swap with no-one, at any price. How good does it get? Trust me when I say I count my blessings daily...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 04:05 PM

I'm 100% in agreement Bob and Barry, if you got enough money to live fairly comfortable for the rest of your natural and are happy with your lot, then you have made it, so relax whenever you like, take your time (it's all yours) and enjoy what you got left.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 04:24 PM

Bob, Barry, Jem, I'm in complete agreement with you!!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top