Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 04:55 PM

Re: Police called to Boris Johnson home

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Whatever anyone might think of Boris Johnson, I fail to see what business it is of anyone else if he does or doesn't have flaming rows with whoever he lives with. How can it possibly affect his political career, and why the hell is he expected to explain his home life to the media?
I know, its complete rubbish.

The guy who recorded the argument is an ardent lefty remainer and his girlfriend is a playwright who gets EU funding. There have already been reports of the rude hand gestures these people have given Boris Johnson recently.

Why record someones argument then send it to the Guardian ? Who does that ?

When was spilling red wine on a sofa of national interest ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 05:14 PM

Hi

I find it amazing that so many think that it is wrong to investigate threats to a woman.

Your choice, not mine.

That is how we found about the Muslim Rape Gangs.

Do not blame your Enforcement Officers if a member of your family suffers if there is no response because it is a private matter.

If you want a Society where Enforcement Officers do not respond to a female crying Get Off Me, followed by loud crashes and bangs, that is your choice.

It is not a Society I wish to live in.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It seems the neighbours went to the trouble of having a sticker made saying something like Boris for a Neighbour but not PM.

I am now imagining a politically minded neighbour a left wing guardian reader sitting up in the early hour's microphone attached to the adjoining wall hoping to catch a snippet of conversation

My thoughts exactly
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I find it amazing that so many think that it is wrong to investigate threats to a woman.

Your choice, not mine.

Do not blame your Enforcement Officers if a member of your family suffers if there is no response because it is a private matter.

If you want a Society where Enforcement Officers do not respond to a female crying Get Off Me, followed by loud crashes and bangs, that is your choice.

Boris's girlfriend is not a disadvantaged underage child .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Have you tried the old glass to the wall trick?
Of course.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Boris's girlfriend is not a disadvantaged underage child .
The*UK*government's definition of*domestic violence*is 'any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening behaviour,*violence*or*abuse*between those aged 16 or over who are, or have been, intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality.
The latest figures from the Crime Survey for*England*and Wales show little change in the prevalence ofdomestic abuse*in recent years. In the year ending March 2018, an estimated 2.0 million adults aged 16 to 59 years experienced*domestic abuse*in the last year (1.3 million women, 695,000 men).Nov 22, 2018
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:16 PM

Hi

Your choice, not mine.

Swimmy I think you are being a bit OTT on this. The police had been called and would have gained entry into the house if they believed anybody had been hurt.
You have never explained exactly what an Enforcer's duties are, but I am sure the police are more likely to deal with matters like this.
Women are not pathetic weaklings who need a mans protection & I am sure that many women, like myself, would be furious if they heard that a neighbour had been recording an argument they had with a partner.

You are now retired & it sounds like you have poor health, so let the people, whose job it is, deal with this and focus on your own needs.
You can't protect all if the people all of the time
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swimmy I think you are being a bit OTT on this. The police had been called and would have gained entry into the house if they believed anybody had been hurt.
You have never explained exactly what an Enforcer's duties are, but I am sure the police are more likely to deal with matters like this.
Women are not pathetic weaklings who need a mans protection & I am sure that many women, like myself, would be furious if they heard that a neighbour had been recording an argument they had with a partner.

You are now retired & it sounds like you have poor health, so let the people, whose job it is, deal with this and focus on your own needs.
You can't protect all if the people all of the time
Today the government has launched its*“landmark” draft Domestic Abuse Bill. The document*draws on evidence from an open consultation in 2017, which received more than 3,000 submissions and discussions, with more than 1,000 people in England and Wales*including survivors and practitioners working with those affected by domestic violence.

Until now*there has been no single dedicated law or policy concerning domestic violence and abuse, although there have been several important developments over the past decade. An updated cross-party definition of domestic violence and abuse was established in 2013, and domestic violence and abuse has featured heavily in the Tackling Violence Against Women and Girls Strategy. Moreover, specific types of abuse have received increased attention, including coercive control which was made a standalone*offence in 2015. New sentencing guidelines were released in 2018 recognising the seriousness of domestic violence-related offences, which are rarely isolated incidents.

THE TODAY IN THIS ARTICLE IS JANUARY 2019.
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8739491.html
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:31 PM

heck, we used to live next door to a couple who fought like cat and dog all the time, there was always screaming and shouting on a regular basis and the day after they were all loved up again. There relationship was very volatile but I never felt the need to call the police.

And yes Judd, I am guilty of using the jamjar many years ago
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:31 PM

Hi

Your choice, not mine.

What threats, the only thing I've heard reported that Boris said was " Give me my f**** Laptop?"

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top