Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:50 AM

Re: My Fridge Shelf Is Jammed. Any Ideas How To Get The Shelf Out?

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Pleased you managed to remove the shelf but more interested in your plans for my favourite blue cheese, Art?
LT, St Agur blue cheese is lovely isn’t it? I like it on sea salt crackers, even better with a glass of nice red wine!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LT, St Agur blue cheese is lovely isn’t it? I like it on sea salt crackers, even better with a glass of nice red wine!
See you shortly!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You were requested to tell us the answer in post 60 Art, times up I think so put us out of our misery please…

Mags, Yes, l was requested to tell..... but by only one member.
I presumed no one else was interested so l left it!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-06-2021, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
See you shortly!
You’ve got a long journey!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:56 AM

Sort of but there’s more.
Talk about intrigued to know the answer to this conundrum.
But there's more?

Seventy-five posts now, it might just make the 100 any time soon!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-06-2021, 11:12 AM

Ok this is what l did, it’s so simple really.

I turned off the fridge as TedC advised.
I then used vegetable oil to grease the side of the glass shelf and the protrusion where l wanted to get the shelf over.

With an old fashioned flat bladed dinner knife, l eased the blade between the glass and the ridge of the plastic protrusion to make a straight side.

I then firmly and systematically bumped the glass up over the blade. I had to use all my strength as it kept slipping back down. I was also scared that l might break the glass and lose my hand!

Anyway, after a few hard bumps, it moved into a position where l could get it out and put it where l should have put it in the first place.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 12:11 PM

Ok this is what l did, it’s so simple really.

I turned off the fridge as TedC advised.
I then used vegetable oil to grease the side of the glass shelf and the protrusion where l wanted to get the shelf over.

With an old fashioned flat bladed dinner knife, l eased the blade between the glass and the ridge of the plastic protrusion to make a straight side.

I then firmly and systematically bumped the glass up over the blade. I had to use all my strength as it kept slipping back down. I was also scared that l might break the glass and lose my hand!

Anyway, after a few hard bumps, it moved into a position where l could get it out and put it where l should have put it in the first place.
I nearly had that correct then! Personally I always use washing-up liquid for anything like that, it washes off easily. A rolled-up towel or similar would perhaps have alleviated some of the worries about damaging your hand.

Now it's sorted and also gave members the chance to exercise their brains, me included in that! Only one final comment to make – good you got it 'sorted', don't do it again!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 01:38 PM

Brute force will out then Artangel - well done.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Brute force will out then Artangel - well done.
Sounds like brute force that got it jammed in the first place
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:53 AM

Remains a bit of a mystery to me how you managed to get it in in the first place. Removal should surely have been the reversal of insertion.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top