Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 06:47 PM

Booked a Christmas break!

Fed up with each year having to wait to see who will or who will not invite me to theirs for Christmas dinner, so have booked a four night break at Bournemouth!

Off out to see the fireworks in a minute but will say more on my return.

Told my brother, and will tell the others later.

Just need to look into whether London train stations are open (I fear not!), so might have to book with National Express. Have already checked time and ticket prices.

Back after the display...

PS, this AIN'T going on Facebook!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 07:16 PM

Re: Booked a Christmas break!

Bournemouth is a nice place to visit. It was where I met & chatted to John Denver before one of his concerts. I still miss that man singing live.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 07:33 PM

Good for you , ive been toying with the idea myself .
Im sure you will have a lovely time .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Bournemouth is a nice place to visit. It was where I met & chatted to John Denver before one of his concerts. I still miss that man singing live.
Oh I love it there!

The holiday cost for single is £342, but does include Christmas lunch and dinner, and all bed, breakfast and evening meal.

Tomorrow I will go to the post office/shop down our market and buy a Senior Card. I'll save £6 in all, but will then have the card for later use. Then I'll book the coach tickets tomorrow. The train stations are definitely closed in London!

I'm satisfied now I've gone ahead and booked. I watched all the fireworks just now with a nice grin on my face!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

06-11-2017, 07:39 PM

I only EVER get invited to my niece, or her mum (my younger sister). Both have their houses up for sale, but if I go to theirs, I have to think of gifts for all of them (family of 6, plus sis and other daughter if she goes).

I'd rather spend the money on myself and have a break away from it all and can escape out of it if the going gets tough. If sis or her daughter drive, we have to wait till they want to go home which could be about 8-9pm. Last year niece and her husband sat about in their PJs while sis sat in the armchair ready to stay for the night, it seemed. I felt so sorry for them, but we had to wait for sis as she was driving. Younger niece was away with her fiancé.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 07:41 PM

That's great Jazzi.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 07:59 PM

That's great - I think you've done the right thing. I have a single friend who goes away at Christmas every year and loves it.

Is it an independent booking Jazzi or with a company?

I know Shearings do holidays where you can drive to yourself.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 07:59 PM

Good for you Jazzi. Hope you have a fantastic time.

Can we all come?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Good for you Jazzi. Hope you have a fantastic time.

Can we all come?

I agree with dongles, Jazzi. Good for you gal.
Hope you have a good time.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 08:20 PM

How strange that is exactly where I will be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top