Join for free
Page 36 of 370 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 10:39 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

It is good to be afforded the freedom of movement, without pain, may this long be the case, it is good to be a sponsored person.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2016, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It is good to be afforded the freedom of movement, without pain, may this long be the case, it is good to be a sponsored person.
The freedom of movement is afforded to those who resist the temptation not to move.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2016, 09:37 AM

Today's exercise routine is limited to a walk along the seafront at Scarborough. It would have been a tough swim in the sea but Mrs Fox has forbid it saying that it would be a selfish act being as we will be accompanied by our friends who are not water friendly. I don't think Mrs Fox was keen either....Wimps!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2016, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Today's exercise routine is limited to a walk along the seafront at Scarborough. It would have been a tough swim in the sea but Mrs Fox has forbid it saying that it would be a selfish act being as we will be accompanied by our friends who are not water friendly. I don't think Mrs Fox was keen either....Wimps!
Can't beat Scarborough, not far from me actually
Good to see you're keeping active even on a stroll, OGF. Every little helps, despite not managing the swim!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2016, 05:07 PM

I'm still training at the gym regularly by the way, just finding it hard with time right now to appear on the forum. Today was a good chest workout. Less than two weeks to my hol's and I'm not so bad, just need to get the belly down a little more, pending a beer festival this coming weekend!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-09-2016, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm still training at the gym regularly by the way, just finding it hard with time right now to appear on the forum. Today was a good chest workout. Less than two weeks to my hol's and I'm not so bad, just need to get the belly down a little more, pending a beer festival this coming weekend!
Be careful with the beer Floydy, if you are anything like me, weight around the middle goes on fast and comes off slow..
Having said that though, enjoy the festival, and your holiday.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-09-2016, 12:36 PM

Scarborough turned out to be several degrees cooler than Doncaster yesterday with a sea fret drifting in and out. Managed to conclude some business at the Palm Court Hotel but I got out voted on the walk and it turned into a shopping trip instead.

So after a steady run on Tuesday, and an easy day yesterday I decided to do some extra work on my six mile run this morning. The sea fret from yesterday had descended on Doncaster today and when I set off at seven visibility was down to a couple of hundred yards. Starting off with a steady warm up pace I left the village and was soon winding my way onto deserted country roads, the mist clung to my exposed flesh, face, legs and arms but the dampness kept my temperature down as I approached my first quarter mile sprint. I lifted the pace and the cool breeze swept through my hair, I accelerated once more and still my legs were strong but the need for oxygen increased. I was soon at maximum pace and the end of the straight was in sight, legs started to buckle and lungs struggled for air, I held on and even accelerated once more and just as I thought I would fall to the ground gasping, legs begging for mercy I passed the finish post and shut down.

I carried on just going through the motions of jogging without rest, sweat trickled down my forehead, and legs felt like rubber but slowly and surely my breathing returned to normal and the strength returned to my legs. Recovery continued for the next mile and a half where I reached my next sprint point and did it all over again.

I managed to sustain a decent pace back through the village so as not to look like an amateur and finally arrived home well satisfied after a good workout. It wasn't until later as I recorded my performance in my journal did I realise that I was only one second slower than my best time for the year.....Aw Fantastic....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

15-09-2016, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Scarborough turned out to be several degrees cooler than Doncaster yesterday with a sea fret drifting in and out. Managed to conclude some business at the Palm Court Hotel but I got out voted on the walk and it turned into a shopping trip instead.

So after a steady run on Tuesday, and an easy day yesterday I decided to do some extra work on my six mile run this morning. The sea fret from yesterday had descended on Doncaster today and when I set off at seven visibility was down to a couple of hundred yards. Starting off with a steady warm up pace I left the village and was soon winding my way onto deserted country roads, the mist clung to my exposed flesh, face, legs and arms but the dampness kept my temperature down as I approached my first quarter mile sprint. I lifted the pace and the cool breeze swept through my hair, I accelerated once more and still my legs were strong but the need for oxygen increased. I was soon at maximum pace and the end of the straight was in sight, legs started to buckle and lungs struggled for air, I held on and even accelerated once more and just as I thought I would fall to the ground gasping, legs begging for mercy I passed the finish post and shut down.

I carried on just going through the motions of jogging without rest, sweat trickled down my forehead, and legs felt like rubber but slowly and surely my breathing returned to normal and the strength returned to my legs. Recovery continued for the next mile and a half where I reached my next sprint point and did it all over again.

I managed to sustain a decent pace back through the village so as not to look like an amateur and finally arrived home well satisfied after a good workout. It wasn't until later as I recorded my performance in my journal did I realise that I was only one second slower than my best time for the year.....Aw Fantastic....
Great effort OGF. You're certainly an inspiration to others who need that little push to get themselves off their sofas.
Well done on the running on the whole, it's really commendable
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

15-09-2016, 03:57 PM

I'll just post this routine for you, otherwise I don't noirmally bother anymore and keep these for my Muscletalk my exercise forum.
It's a session I undertook last Saturday and which I cal "The Big 10", and a bit of a 'dummy run' for a continuing season of workout in a similar manner from now on each weekend....

Saturday 10/9/16 – Full body “The Big 10”:

UPPER BODY

1. Lat pulldown, various:
20x40 w/u
8x50 wide
8x55 wide
8x60 underarm
8x65 underarm
8x70 hammer bar
6x75 hammer bar
25x35 high reps (hammer)
*Nice to do a variation on the lat pulls for a change.

2. Incline chest press:
10x60
10x70
10x80
6x90
4x100
15x50 high reps

3. Single DB push, flat bench:
27x50
24x50
19x50
17x50
13x50
= 100 reps – triceps obliterated to shreds!!

4. Smith (at last!):
(i) 60° shoulder press -
5x50
6x50
4x50
(ii) Flat bench -
4x70
5x70
2x80
(iii) 15° incline fwd. push press, c/g –
10x40
10x40
8x40
(iv) 15° incline –
20x30 high reps

5. E-Z curl, preacher, low vertical pull:
10x28
12x28
8x38
8x38
6x43
5x48
4x53

- At this point I decided to have a short 5 minute tea break and a rest. Luckily I had my favourite secret weapon in my magic bag….
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Intermission ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Intermission ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Good to go. Sweating like the proverbial pig, but feeling more than ready for some leg building….

LEGS

6. Incline:
15x150
15x200
15x250
11x300
7x350
46x150 high reps
*Quads fit to burst already!

7. Hack squat:
8x150
6x200
4x230
*Managed these with ease. I think next week I’ll concentrate more on the hack (with even more weight) as it really does tend to make my quads expand. Can’t be a bad thing, despite the DOMS which linger on for the rest of the week.

8. Extensions:
12x100
12x100
12x100
25x50 high reps

9. Seated ham curls:
6x75
6x80
5x85
32x35 high reps
*Thighs fully pumped up but dead to the world.

10. Ab crunch:
10x60
10x70
10x80
25x50
25x45

Time: 2hrs. 5mins.

Extremely happy with that blast. Feeling fully rocked up and no after effects – yet!
Tomorrow I know I should rest, but with the funeral on Monday and the blood donation Tues, there’s no way I can wait three days until my next session at this late stage towards my hols. So it will be something pretty light – as DV calls it – “fluff” (tri pulldowns, rope pulls, bicep curls, good girls, etc etc etc). Watch this space.

Reprinted from my Muscletalk journal
Rosey
Essex,UK
Rosey is female  Rosey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:13 AM

I walk my dog every day....
and do Taoist Tai Chi three times a week...
just gentle exercise for this old gal x

Page 36 of 370 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top