Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 08:03 PM

Re: Dartford Crossing

From Kent, follow the M2, onto the A2, to Blackwall Tunnel. Once through, just follow the A12 and I believe it might go to a roundabout for the North Circular Road A406. Turn left onto the A406 and there should be a slip road for the M11. Don't worry if you end up in Walthamstow as you can turn round at the Waterworks roundabout and head back west again to the M11.

However, I'm going by Google maps and it's been a year or so since I've driven it, so do check on maps.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 02:00 PM

Hi everyone, back from holiday, had a lovely time . Just an update on how we got on at Dartford.
It was all quite easy really, he used the mobile at the Airport, spoke to a person, they took the reg. no.he gave the credit card no. , and it had been deducted by the time we arrived home.
On the way back because we didn't get in till late , we were not crossing till 10.30, so the charges are waived between 10 & 6 am. So was a freebie.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Hi everyone, back from holiday, had a lovely time . Just an update on how we got on at Dartford.
It was all quite easy really, he used the mobile at the Airport, spoke to a person, they took the reg. no.he gave the credit card no. , and it had been deducted by the time we arrived home.
You made that a damn sight clearer than all that bloody waffle on the Official Dartford crossing Site.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 11:30 PM

On the way back because we didn't get in till late , we were not crossing till 10.30, so the charges are waived between 10 & 6 am. So was a freebie.
Ah that's great news, I'm so glad it all worked, and also that your holiday went well.

Also would like to slightly correct my statement in previous post - Today I read that 4,000 (Or it may have been 40,000) foreign drivers have not paid and the Dartford Crossing Authority are having to go to European Credit agencies to chase up payment. Well good luck to them, they may recover some money from Western European countries but I doubt they'll recover much from Poland / Czechland / Hungary etc.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
You made that a damn sight clearer than all that bloody waffle on the Official Dartford crossing Site.
Yes VM it's a muddle but what can you expect when so many school leavers have barely any knowledge of how to write

ETA:-
Yes they can send the dreaded 'text speak' rubbish, and tweet, and 'chat' on FB,but ask them to write a clear concise explanation of how to pay your Dartford crossing and charge and zilch
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-02-2015, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Ah that's great news, I'm so glad it all worked, and also that your holiday went wel

Also would like to slightly correct my statement in previous post - Today I read that 4,000 (Or it may have been 40,000) foreign drivers have not paid and the Dartford Crossing Authority are having to go to European Credit agencies to chase up payment. Well good luck to them, they may recover some money from Western European countries but I doubt they'll recover much from Poland / Czechland / Hungary etc.

Thanks. What puzzles me though re: the last bit of your post why on earth have they decided to change things.Beyond little ole" me. LOL
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

28-02-2015, 03:19 PM

What puzzles me though re: the last bit of your post why on earth have they decided to change things.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top