Join for free
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 05:13 AM

Lady Liberty

Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 07:00 AM

Re: Lady Liberty

Great pic Tish
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Great pic Tish
Good morning Alice !

Glad you like her, she is really pretty and when you go past her in the boat, it almost brings tears to your eyes in a way, as she stands there day and nite holding that book that says liberty is for all. Lovely gift from France. I walked up once, but I was a far younger person then, nowadays when I go, I just like walking around the park she is on.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 09:39 AM

Is it possible to walk up inside her to her crown ? I bet the view is fantastic.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 10:59 AM

She's a beauty .....
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by MADAMENOTMISS ->
Good morning Alice !

Glad you like her, she is really pretty and when you go past her in the boat, it almost brings tears to your eyes in a way, as she stands there day and nite holding that book that says liberty is for all. Lovely gift from France. I walked up once, but I was a far younger person then, nowadays when I go, I just like walking around the park she is on.
I didn't go to her, but viewed her from the Empire State Building. Now that's a view you don't forget! Fantastic.

We also went to the revolving restaurant at the top of the Marriot Marquis hotel at Times Square. Definitely worth a visit!
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN

20-01-2015, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Is it possible to walk up inside her to her crown ? I bet the view is fantastic.
Yes ! They allow it, if you are fit enough to manage all those steps, these days that would be impossible for me. The other problem is there is a massive line of people behind you with no room to turn around and change your mind to descend, so once you start, by hook or by crook you'd be forced to keep going.

She does undergo maintenance from time to time, so sometimes the crown is closed. You get there by boat from lower Manhattan ( Wall St area )
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

20-01-2015, 05:50 PM

My son took the boat yesterday. He really enjoyed it. He's home now and we've all had a Hershey's chocolate bar!
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN

20-01-2015, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
My son took the boat yesterday. He really enjoyed it. He's home now and we've all had a Hershey's chocolate bar!
Ah Hershey's bars ! For an chocoholic out there a trip to Hershey, Pennsylvania will make you think you died and went to chocolate heaven.

If going to PA sometime, don't forget Gettysburgh or for city life, Philly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top