Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 02:27 PM

Fancy learning a new language? Try the Babbel app

I am addicted to this on my iPhone right now! Going thro the free intro to all languages... just to see which one I find easiest

http://www.babbel.com
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 02:31 PM

Re: Fancy learning a new language? Try the Babbel app

Sounds interesting, what do u think you'll go for, do u have a language in mind?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 03:19 PM

I tried this last year ,i fancied learning Spanish.there is an introductory , but im sure if my memory serves me right after the intro ,its pay as you go.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 04:15 PM

Our German teacher at school once said that the problem with teaching us German was that we couldn't speak English! I fear that she may have been right. Knowing the grammar is useful, but unfortunately teachers don't teach you to speaak the way the locals do.

No sense just learning a language because it's easy - learn one that will be useful eg. for holidays.

I don't use "apps" and I don't own an iPhone, but I wouldn't mind a German tutorial. I used to be able to get by OK in German, but I've forgotten most of it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 09:06 PM

I wonder what language the Devil speaks, might be handy to know at my age.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 09:22 PM

Tried it - and pay as you go. Wanted to try Polish as I know about 27 words!!

Ten years ago tried to start a Deutsches Verein here, but only three interested. Trouble is, practice makes perfect.

With French, for about a year, a friend and I exchanges text messages via our mobiles, but that fizzled out.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Sounds interesting, what do u think you'll go for, do u have a language in mind?
So far I have scored highest in Spanish, Norwegian (surprisingly!) and German I have thought about moving to the first two... so maybe one of them I tried Swedish but it seemed more difficult

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I tried this last year ,i fancied learning Spanish.there is an introductory , but im sure if my memory serves me right after the intro ,its pay as you go.
They have an introductory offer - £3.25 a month... at least that's what they sent me

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Our German teacher at school once said that the problem with teaching us German was that we couldn't speak English! I fear that she may have been right. Knowing the grammar is useful, but unfortunately teachers don't teach you to speaak the way the locals do.

No sense just learning a language because it's easy - learn one that will be useful eg. for holidays.

I don't use "apps" and I don't own an iPhone, but I wouldn't mind a German tutorial. I used to be able to get by OK in German, but I've forgotten most of it.
I think you can do similar on their website too?

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I wonder what language the Devil speaks, might be handy to know at my age.

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Tried it - and pay as you go. Wanted to try Polish as I know about 27 words!!

Ten years ago tried to start a Deutsches Verein here, but only three interested. Trouble is, practice makes perfect.

With French, for about a year, a friend and I exchanges text messages via our mobiles, but that fizzled out.
Nice one Dobra! How long did you use it for?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top