Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 12:19 PM

for those interested in trains

Taken in Brazil the old coffee plantation trains

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 01:01 PM

Re: for those interested in trains

Interesting pictures Bazza I used to love the old steam trains which approached more slowly and you could hear them coming a mile away. I dislike the modern trains and find them quite scary, monsters that rush at you without warning .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 05:23 PM

Ones like the MEG?

I thionk this Romney Hytge and Dymchurch line is the smallest every day commuter line in the country
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 05:28 PM

That a little one Bazza my grandson would like that
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

05-02-2015, 05:30 PM

to go from Dungeness to Hythe is about 1.5 hours and cost for all day is around £15. I just love going on it
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

05-02-2015, 05:33 PM

to give some idea of what is is like riding on it. this was being pulled by a diesel unit

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

05-02-2015, 06:27 PM

Bazza it look very sedate I used to go on the Severn Valley Railway with my son which was fun..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 07:16 PM

Ive been considering going on a 3 day trip which includes a steam train ride ..There's a nostolgic feel about riding on one ,I last went on the IOM Steam train ,so enjoyable with a carriage all to our selves.
Reminds me of the Agatha Christie novels , that's also on TV.

Thanks for sharing them and bringing back some lovely memories
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 09:53 PM

There is something very reassuring about such trains. Harking back to when people were considerate - when people had time on their hands to be polite and thoughtful, instead of the almighty inconsiderate mad rush of today. I really like traveling on trains and looking out of the window even on the fast uns of today. I bet I would like a journey on an old steam train all the more - but it would have to be an adventure - a long journey.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 02:35 PM

TRAINS, yes any day. I love Train travel. I have done many trips in Europe on trains, Eurostar, SNCF, D/Bahn, Swedish rail,
I have loved the sleeper trains in D/Bahn, the best one I did was from Basel in Switzerland to Copenhagen , left Basel at 18.30 and arrived in Copenhagen at 10.15 next morning.
Sleeper compartment was wonderful , I had one of the upstairs ones, Nice bed , table and two chairs, wardrobe, complete bathroom with great shower, two big windows and breakfast brought to me next morning.
Sadly along with others this city Nightline service has now finished.
Norwegian Long distance trains are nice , comfortable, clean and not expensive, and their Sleeper ones are great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top