Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 05:07 PM

Re: All inclusive holidays ?

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Thank you for your replies .I don't eat a huge amount and barely drink at all so maybe it would not be the best option for me .
It sounds as though it probably wouldn't suit you really then, as it's all about eating and drinking as much as you want.
I've only been on one and I saw people being so greedy that it put me right off. People were ordering alcoholic drinks from early morning because they were included even though they admitted they didn't particularly like the local drinks.
At meal times people were piling plates with food and taking it back to the tables, often putting plates full of 'seconds' in the middle of the table so they could carry on eating.
I saw people gorging themselves and also wasting huge amounts as they simply couldn't eat it all.
I saw one table where there was a family with 3 children where there was as much food under and around the table after they had finished than they had eaten and that was a lot.
The staff had to get brushes and buckets to clear up before anyone else could use the table.
It seemed to show human nature at it's worst and the waste every day would feed a small village in Africa for a week.

To be fair not everyone is like that and it's a good idea for families with small children if you want to stay at the hotel all day every day, but I wouldn't do it again.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 05:34 PM

Booking a holiday this week and noticed there are a lot of all inclusive options available .
Does anyone go on this type of holiday ?
Are they good value or not ?
Don't really know whether to go for this option or not ?
We've only done this once Abbey, thinking it might be nice to be pampered.

For us it was a mistake because we like to do our own thing and gad about under our own steam - it's fun!

All Inclusive takes that element away from you and you actually feel that you are paying-out twice, although that's rubbish.

We have gone back to Half Board holidays but even then we will skip an evening meal or two or three to do our own thing, soak up the local atmosphere and - well - ENJOY our holiday!

Think about what YOU want out of your holiday first. stevmk2
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 05:46 PM

Thank you , your replies have given me some food for thought .
We don't get away very often with having lots of pets so we want to get it right .
Chris99
Glasgow
Chris99 is female  Chris99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 05:49 PM

Booking a holiday this week and noticed there are a lot of all inclusive options available .
Does anyone go on this type of holiday ?
Are they good value or not ?
Don't really know whether to go for this option or not ?
Hello Abbey, if your traveling on your own with a tour company I find that ALL Inclusive is best. I meet a lot of interesting like minded folk by sitting at the tour company's table if they are traveling alone. It also depends which country your traveling to some are safer than others. Happy traveling whatever you choose.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 05:51 PM

Cheaper to go on a med cruise in comparison, that would be my choice over an all inclusive holiday
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
We never even choose hotels preferring to rent a house if possible.

This would be my idea of hell tied down to a hotel or resort but my neighbour loves the type of holiday where you fall out of bed and onto the beach with every desire being catered for..
She always books all inclusive because she and her husband lay on sunbeds and swim in the pool or sit by the bar for two weeks solid..
Whatever suits I suppose.
Your neighbour & I could well be twins.
I would always be a bit nervous about renting a house, for fear of burglarly, which I suppose is very rare, but nevertheless, I would not be prepared to take the chance, especially in the Caribbean
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->

To be fair not everyone is like that .
So glad you said that , Anita , I can assure we most certainly not.To be frank I have never encountered anyone else like that , where I have been. Suppose it depends which end of the market you are at.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 11:22 AM

We encountered some Eastern Europeans in Spain a while back and they obviously had an All Inclusive deal because they piled plates high with food and went back for more several times and left such an appalling amount of food and mess I really felt sorry for the hotel staff.

They were the same in the hotel bars, often ending an evening completely incapable of even walking and they had to be assisted.

They left enough alcohol on their tables every night to cater for half the normal patrons but, to be honest I've not seen Brits doing this nor most Europeans - the Spanish really hate gluttonous behaviour! stevmk2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 11:56 AM

I've only been on on one all inclusive holiday and it was lovely. Great value if you have children. The temptation is always there to eat and drink constantly
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 12:47 PM

Never been all inclusive,and not likely to now as My passport ran out in October last Year and I've no intention of renewing it,so it's short breaks in beautiful Britain from now on.:~)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top