Join for free
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 07:42 PM

Any funny stories ?

When I was about 10, we (the family) went to stay in Lime Regis for a few days ... self-catering in a house on the front which had been turned into apartments.
Our friends were in another apartment and they'd join us for brekkie cos we had a better view of the sea.
My dad discovered that if he spoke down the plug hole in the sink, our friends could hear him ... and vice versa

Great fun was had until one day, an elderly woman (probably around the age of 40) accosted dad. Poor soul thought the place was haunted. Don't think he owned up but the 'breakfast is ready' and sillier comments had to stop.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 08:32 PM

Re: Any funny stories ?

my weekend away started on the Saturday , and it was a warm weekend ,I had a seat at the front of the coach
a good view out the window as well as the driver .
It was nt long before the group at the back shouted for the air conditioning to be turned up some more ,the driver with one eye on the road
and one hand on the wheel fiddled about with the switches.
A few minutes went by and i was beginning to feel Hot , one of the passengers came down and told him they were boiling at the back
.so driver fiddled some more with the controls and switches , while i began to feel panicky seeing the traffic coming towards us .
This went on for a few more miles . When the Passengers from the back started to shout they were stripping as it was 32C where they were sitting .
The driver was beginning to look quite red in the face too , Me well i was just praying we would make it in one piece and hoped i didn't have to strip off too .

The driver then started to make a call back to base , and the conversation went like this
Driver ..Can you tell me which is the switch for the Air Con , its getting hot on here, is it the switch Bla Bla Bla
Base ... Yes that's the one
Driver ... But its getting hotter and hotter
Base.... hang on i will put you through to Mechanic
Mechanic... What you got to do is lift the floor panel in the middle of the Gang way and if that Bla Bla is facing you , push it back ..
Driver ....The Bla Bla facing me push it away ?
Mechanic ............Yes

We then pulled over at the first layby , and driver did what he was told and we set off again..But before long we were all
to hot for comfort .
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 11:27 AM

When I was 10 I went on my first holiday ever. We went for a week
to Whitby in a caravan. It was October so spent the week walking
around in the rain, cold wind and freezing weather.
Think the sun came out once or twice if we were lucky.
Loved it to bits though and the only problem I had was my younger
sister falling out of the small bunk type beds they have in a caravan.
She was really cold and had to climb in my bed and take the heat
in my bed away. Otherwise it was a great experience even if
the weather wasn't what we call Spanish weather.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 05:42 PM

One year my parents and I decided to go away to a hotel for Christmas, for 5 nights I believe. This was in Kent. We had adjoining rooms and I went into the bathroom (having an explore of the room and its facilities), opened a window, to find my Dad had done exactly the same action and was peering out at me, just inches away.

I believe we may have jumped in alarm!

I now find it funny whenever I remember it.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 06:12 PM

1. I worked in Amsterdam for almost 3 years and it had some 'unusual' shops.
On one street which we called 'Queer street', was a shop called the 'Condomerie'. One of my colleagues told me that he was walking down it with his wife and young daughters, when they saw the shop and the girls started giggling. One of them asked "Dad, we know what they're for, but why are they flavoured?" He replied, "That's so that you can use them as balloons without getting a bad taste in your mouth".

2. The same colleague told me that since the TV in the hotel had 'adult' channels, he was worried about what the girls might see. One day he asked them what they were watching - they said "Free Willy". When he told them that they weren't to watch that sort of programme, they told him, "Dad, it's about a whale" !

3. One of the customer service staff at the hotel used to work for KLM as a flight attendant. She said one day there was a very rude female passenger who said to one of the attendants, "how long has KLM been employing farm girls?" She replied, "As long as they've been carrying cows" !

That'll do for now.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 06:20 PM

When my eldest son was very young we were in Cornwall and went into Falmouth for the day. Now Falmouth has the third largest natural harbour in the world I believe. In the harbour was a car container ship moored with the main ramp down and a side door opened.

So My son asked what the small door was for.
Yes you guessed it my sense of humour kicked in.

I said to him, well if there are any cars that don't work they push them into the sea through the small door.

His classic reply was "Do they". people walking behind just collapsed in laughter.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top