Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 01:35 PM

Re: Day Trips?

Cranberry, the last time I was in Bakewell (a year or so ago), it was so busy.
OK, it was a Sunday and the weather was lovely, but the crowds!

It's not just Bakwell. I think that many places are becoming victims of their own populatity and are losing their appeal. At least, being retired, we can choose quieter times to vistit places.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 02:51 PM

I have 5 day trips booked so far ,one is to a Cathedral City ,a couple to stately Homes,and a couple to Citys ive not been before one with a River cruise included ,,
I love my trips out on the coach , meet and talk to other passengers and seeing new places ..Im going with a couple of coach companies ive been with before , and one ive not been with ,
I was looking at National Express and thinking of trying them , But they take twice as long and a change as well , so why they are called Express is a Mystery ..
Im considering going on a Weekend Murder Mystery,real Actors are used and its a Who dunit ..
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Always prefer a day out in the countryside rather than the coast so for me somewhere like Bakewell, Tideswell and Buxton areas are within reach and quite often Haworth and Hebden Bridge in West Yorkshire - lovely countryside and teashops, too.
I only live about 10 miles from Hebden Bridge a lovely little visitor town like haworth both great places.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 02:57 PM

Anywhere on the East Coast, Whitby, Scarborough, Bridlington, Hornsea and Withernsea i know all these places very well
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 05:29 PM

My next day trip will be to Haworth this May, the 1940's weekend.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

24-03-2015, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
My next day trip will be to Haworth this May, the 1940's weekend.

I've been twice as i don't live too far away. You'll enjoy it as we did, and a few people dress up in the 40's clothes too.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I've been twice as i don't live too far away. You'll enjoy it as we did, and a few people dress up in the 40's clothes too.
I have been before, but this time I am thinking of going on a coach then I can have a few drinks, you need one after walking up that hill.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Cranberry, the last time I was in Bakewell (a year or so ago), it was so busy.
OK, it was a Sunday and the weather was lovely, but the crowds!

It's not just Bakwell. I think that many places are becoming victims of their own populatity and are losing their appeal. At least, being retired, we can choose quieter times to vistit places.
Yes, I know what you mean - we try to go in midweek during the cooler weather before the tourists arrive!

Also we never go anywhere that's too popular at holiday/busy times I can't cope with crowded places these days..
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I only live about 10 miles from Hebden Bridge a lovely little visitor town like haworth both great places.
Ooh, you lucky thing - we once looked to buy a house around the area but changed our minds to stay nearer family but still look on Rightmove occasionally.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 09:59 PM

Day trips to London. Tea at The Ritz or Wolesley. Having tea at The Dorchester in July with one of my daughters. Love walking in James Park. I just love my old home town London.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top