Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 09:00 PM

YHA Toilet

I've been away for the last weekend, staying at a Youth Hostel, where there was a notice in the toilets;

Please do not flush the paper towels, nappies, sanitary towels, chewing gum, soiled underwear, dirty socks, your ex's favourite T shirt, or your hopes and dreams down this toilet.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 09:13 PM

Re: YHA Toilet

I like it! Says it all really!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 09:22 PM

ha ha I can believe that too... What took you to the Youth Hostel? And don't say bus! ha ha
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 09:59 PM

One of my hobbies is making model aeroplanes, the plastic kits, of which Airfix are the best known

There is a big aeroplane museum at RAF Cosford, near Telford in Shropshire, and they were hosting a model-making show on Sunday.

I drove down very early Saturday to look at the museum & full-size aeroplanes; stayed at Coalport YHA at Ironbridge near Telford Saturday night; went again on Sunday, but concentrated on the models - very big & extensive show - then drove home Sunday evening after the show/exhibition

Telford & Ironbridge are interesting to visit, being the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution; and the surrounding area is absolutely beautiful English countryside; classic patchwork fields, rolling hills, and pretty villages
Not too far away is the Black Country museum, also worth a visit.

The aircraft museum has a large collection of machines, especially British Jets & Experimental from the 50s & 60s, and captured Axis types.
Just play around with Google and the things I've mentioned
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 10:14 PM

It sounds like a great weekend, with lots to see and do etc.. especially your Airfix hobby. We acquired a large collection of Aeroplane photo's and postcards all in 4 albums, some were taken a long time ago and probably worth something now, but not sure what to do with them?
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 06:24 AM

This sign was above the toilet in my cabin on a recent cruise
zuludog
N E Lancashire

13-04-2015, 08:55 AM

SUZUKI SUE
I'm not too sure, either, what to do with the photographs, but here are some ideas; or whether you wish to donate them or sell them. Ask these people, they should have a better ides;

The RAF Museums - www.rafmuseums.org.uk

The Imperial War Museum - www.iwm.org.uk

'Flypast' is a reputable magazine for all aspects of historic aeroplanes & aviation - www.flypast.com

Put 'historic aeroplane photographs' into Google, and there are lots of references for collections & libraries
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 08:59 AM

Having been a loo cleaner for many years it is amazing what people try to flush away. When our system here at home was blocked and the plumber had to dismantle the outside pipe work he found a plethora of toys, lego and dolls. Seems the kids upstairs from us had a habit of flushing things away. Not something that was particularly popular with the residents when we got the plumbers bill !
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 10:36 AM

The funniest sign in a toilet I have seen was in a private hotel (actually a real dump) in Blackpool. At the top of the stairs was the toilet, more of a broom cupboard really. Once in and the door shut, (you had to shut the door before you could get near the toilet), there was a notice on the door which read "visitors booking at the door must pay in advance". I would presume that anyone actually making it to the toilet must have already paid and wouldn´t need telling once they were on the toilet !
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 10:41 AM

I was on a catamaran trip and the notice in the loo said "Do not put anything in this toilet that has not passed through your body". Took me a while to figure it out. Then a couldn't stop laughing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top