Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 12:31 PM

St George's Day

So who will be celebrating and how..

Will anyone be going to Trafalger square in London?
http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to...afalgar-square

Does anyone else find it strange that while every other country has its national day England seems to miss out..

What is it that we find so difficult to celebrate or is it because we are now ashamed that our national flag has been hijacked by soccer holigans and the far right?

There are celebrations up and down the country from London to Cheshire to Liverpool.. a lot are taking place on Saturady so why not go out and claim back a little Englishness untainted by soccer or the radical right...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 12:35 PM

Re: St George's Day

No and I don't know why because we should ! Think it's been beaten out of us now though we aren't allowed to be patriotic if we are we are called xenophobic or little Englanders
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No and I don't know why because we should ! Think it's been beaten out of us now though we aren't allowed to be patriotic if we are we are called xenophobic or little Englanders
Exactly, I used to put up flags and cards wishing people "Happy St George"s day. Now I feel a bit reluctant to do so, a shame really. Everyone else celebrates their day.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 01:21 PM

Yes we should celebrate it, i know a few of our local pubs have their flags out and celebrate every year. And our neighbour will have his England flag flying after he's taken down the Yorkshire flag Times have changed unfortunately, all the good times have gone forever...
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Yes we should celebrate it, i know a few of our local pubs have their flags out and celebrate every year. And our neighbour will have his England flag flying after he's taken down the Yorkshire flag Times have changed unfortunately, all the good times have gone forever...
Well not quite "all", this one here still has some life in her.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 02:00 PM

It was St George's Day last Friday when the mighty Dragons won their fifth game in a row and went to the top of the Premiership.

On ANZAC Day they will be playing the Roosters.

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 02:17 PM

Exactly 4 years and 6 months since Jen died. We used to pick dandelions on that day when I used to make wine.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Well not quite "all", this one here still has some life in her.
Yahoo let's go girl.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Exactly 4 years and 6 months since Jen died. We used to pick dandelions on that day when I used to make wine.
Lovely memory OG.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

21-04-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Yahoo let's go girl.....
Mwah,Mwah.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top