Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 08:58 AM

Re: planning your next holiday?

Yes so fed up with this year Sue and I have just booked a cruise with Royal Carribean line in July 2016.
We are going to do Scandinavia and Russia for 13 nights.

Why choose RB line? well we have already been on to cruises with them so we know the stadard and also having booked early we are getting free flight from Heathrow to Stockholm and back from Copenhagen to Heathrow

The trip includes Stockholm ( overnight stay) helsinki (Finland) ST Petersburg (Russia) 2 day trips ashore- Tallin (Estonia)
Riga ( Latvia)-Klaipeda (Lithuania)- Berlin (Germany) -Fredericia (Denmark)-Copenhagen (overnight) then next day flight home

I am also a member of an onboard club for a few "extras" and will get Sue signed up Tomorrow as she has not bothered before

Ok may cost a bit but we won't have had a holiday this year so thought we would treat ourselves.
When you take into consideration food available all day somewhere on board - top class entertainment- huge bedroom with en suite bathroom ,Visiting places never been before-Demonstrations on thing like cooking - Ice modelling -Sauna or and Gym

This is against staying in a hotel in the UK at £100+ a night just for B&B against around £60 on a cruise, there is no contest.

No wonder cruising is so popular
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 06:21 PM

A week in a caravan in Prestatyn, North Wales in 2 weeks' time with daughter and two grandchildren .... my annual treat to them .... we love it !!!!

I've got 2 weekend coach breaks booked .... September to Melrose/Edinburgh .... October to St Ives .... then 4 nights in Blackpool in November on a dancing break
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 06:25 PM

I`m away to Sicily soon,then later to a place where only the brave dare-yep Yorkshire. Va bene and appen.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 06:51 PM

to be honest I don't feel the need to holiday , you see I retired last year and am loving it so much , early days I know , living in weymouth too is beautiful . see how I feel a few years down the line , then spend some savings . never say never
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 10:46 AM

Just got back from Scarborough where we had a wonderful time and off next week to Lytham St Annes / Blackpool.

Where to next?
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 10:43 PM

On my way to Switzeland in Sptember
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 07:03 AM

Off on a small 11 day cruise from Dover round Spain and Portugal in early September. Hoping for abit of sunshine!!

Arthur
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 07:25 AM

We don't go abroad any more, as my Husband doesn't like flying, so its Devon as usual this year.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:42 AM

Off to Lisbon in Sept for our 42nd. aniversary using 'air miles' for the BA flights from Aberdeen via London. Gives us a bit more for a nice hotel and spending money. Otherwise it's local touring in the campervan.

Next year we hope to take it to the continent. We did this a couple of times a year when we lived in Hampshire, but not so easy from Aberdeenshire. Plenty of time for all that. We'll look at it next year.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
to be honest I don't feel the need to holiday , you see I retired last year and am loving it so much , early days I know , living in weymouth too is beautiful . see how I feel a few years down the line , then spend some savings . never say never
You're already at the seaside!

I had a short Shearings break in Weymouth last year I think but it was out of season. Did have a day out to Monkey World, as the train station was handily nearby.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top