Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 09:30 AM

Those Were The Days

The commercial cruises of today hold no attraction for me but I would love to go aboard again in those more sedate times

Pictures and article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...ing-suits.html
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:39 AM

Re: Those Were The Days

Originally Posted by solo ->
The commercial cruises of today hold no attraction for me but I would love to go aboard again in those more sedate times

Pictures and article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...ing-suits.html
Agree about cruises Solo , now and then, ta no thanks.

My Step Father was still going on self sail holidays around the Greek Islands when he was 80 plus years of age. That is what I call a holiday , a bit of action .
He went to Kenya on his last holiday at 83 years of age on Safari in tents. The second week he went to Mombassa , first day went in for a swim and drowned. So two Fathers taken by the sea.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 11:26 AM

Oh the splendour of it all. Don't you think looking at the pictures that it is ripe for an Agatha Christie Novel.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
Oh the splendour of it all. Don't you think looking at the pictures that it is ripe for an Agatha Christie Novel.

Most definitely. Just looking at a few of those passengers you could think of a few intriguing plots that they could be involved in. What is lovely is how people seem to be enjoying those simple deck games.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
That's exactly what I was thinking Shirley. I wish I was around in the thirties and was a millionaire when millionaires had class, the standard has dropped to the bottom of the barrel now, millionaires are tacky and ten a penny today.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:32 PM

Just do not book in 1912
solo
UK

23-09-2015, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Just do not book in 1912

The Titanic is still one of the most fascinating maritime episodes. Just recently it was discovered that one of the Bandsman that played till the end, had a secret wife and child in Jamaica that the White Star line paid for following his death.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 02:50 PM

Cruises hold no appeal for me. I couldn't think of anything more horrid than to be stuck on a ship for days. Plus I get seasick so it certainly would never happen.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 02:58 PM

We went on a Greek Island cruise once many years ago, it was a wonderful experience but.....I was stricken with sea sickness every day on board and just could not face the prospect of doing it again !
And just a couple of years later the ship sank off the South African coast ... We couldn't believe it when we saw it on the TV news, luckily there were no deaths everyone was rescued !
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 03:58 PM

That was a lucky escape then, Malcolm, it could have been when you were on that ship.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top