Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 11:40 AM

Re: Dubrovnik

We stayed at Cavtat just a short boat ride from Dubrovnik and loved it. That was about 5 years ago.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
We stayed at Cavtat just a short boat ride from Dubrovnik and loved it. That was about 5 years ago.
We visited Cavat whilst staying in Dubrovnic .... also about 5 years ago. I thought it was a very pretty place and well worth the visit.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:08 PM

We're going there for the first time in June -we're really looking forward to it.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
We're going there for the first time in June -we're really looking forward to it.
Where ?...Cavtat or Dubrovnik ?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:50 PM

I can't remember the name of the place Malcolm, it's about a 15 minutes bus ride outside Dubrovnik.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Looking at the pictures in this moths competition, I see that Mags has visited my favourite holiday destination Dubrovnik, Croatia.
We try to visit at least once a year and always stay at the same wonderful hotel, The President Hotel in Babin Kuk.
I cannot recommend this holiday destination more highly, it is just delightful.
Malcolm, I couldn't agree more. We stopped at Dubrovnik on one of our port of calls on our cruise and we fell in love with it as soon as we went ashore. It really is one of the most beautiful, delightful places in Croatia. I could have happily spent the rest of the holiday there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to everyone. I also loved Split as well.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I can't remember the name of the place Malcolm, it's about a 15 minutes bus ride outside Dubrovnik.
Could it be Babin Kuk, Alan?
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
went to Cavtat in 2013 and 2014 loved the place and as you said short boat ride or a short bus ride from Dubrovnik
Fab place with some lovely restaurants
my fav destination
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 12:41 AM

I first went to Dubrovnik in about 1970. Obviously the place was beautiful, but what really overwhelmed me was the kindness of the people. We arrived at Dubrovnik airport at about 3am and everything was closed. We had only purchased flights, so we didn't have any 'agents' picking us up. We settled down for an uncomfortable night in the airport to wait for the buses to start running in the morning. An airport worker, about to go home, asked us if we needed a lift into the city. We said yes please and clambered in to his car. He told us that none of the hotels or pensions would take us in at that time of night, but that we were welcome to stay the night at his apartment. When we arrived, he made us coffee and food, showed us where we could sleep and then got the Slivovicz out (plum brandy). After a few hefty snifters, he shook our hands, bid us goodnight and said goodbye. Wouldn't we see him in the morning, we asked. "No", he said, "I have my second job to go to at 7am" (by this time it was about 5.45). "Just take this key and lock up on your way out - put it through the letterbox when you go. Help yourself to breakfast and have a great holiday." We tried to give him some money, but he was insulted by the very idea. He was a lovely guy and very typical of the Yugoslavs we met on that holiday. In general the people couldn't do enough for you.
I hope that the people haven't changed now that the area is once more Croatia - it would be a terrible shame.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:17 PM

Looking at the pictures in this moths competition, I see that Mags has visited my favourite holiday destination Dubrovnik, Croatia.
I was in Dubrovnik while it was still part of Yugoslavia. I wonder if it wasn't damaged too badly during the war. The Serbs did their best to destroy it completely.

We try to visit at least once a year and always stay at the same wonderful hotel, The President Hotel in Babin Kuk.
I'd tell you what the word Kuk means in Swedish but I'd probably get tossed off the forum permanently.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top