Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 10:57 AM

Only In Brighton

Alongside run-of-the-mill train departure information, bleary-eyed commuters are being confronted with admissions of illicit affairs and heartbreak broadcast on a giant screen, known as the Waiting Wall. :shock

Is this sharing whilst travelling something we need..Would this enhance your journey !

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...#ixzz3mpzuVVxj
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 01:48 PM

Re: Only In Brighton

Originally Posted by solo ->
Alongside run-of-the-mill train departure information, bleary-eyed commuters are being confronted with admissions of illicit affairs and heartbreak broadcast on a giant screen, known as the Waiting Wall. :shock

Is this sharing whilst travelling something we need..Would this enhance your journey ! Read more:
Is this April fools day .
If not two words comes to mind, ' bad taste'.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 02:19 PM

'Bad taste' seems to be the norm - they can keep it well away from me
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 02:22 PM

Some strange people in Brighton
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 04:21 PM

I actually read the messages printed and found them so sad..

So many lonely people they weren't hateful messages or greedy ones just sadness, loneliness and refelction.

Is it wrong to feel like that and express it in such a way? Maybe someone will see their own words up on that wall and decide its time for change, maybe it will encourage someone into something positive.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I actually read the messages printed and found them so sad..

So many lonely people they weren't hateful messages or greedy ones just sadness, loneliness and refelction.

Is it wrong to feel like that and express it in such a way? Maybe someone will see their own words up on that wall and decide its time for change, maybe it will encourage someone into something positive.
I read the as well Cass and whilst doing so wished that the board had been used for funny, loving, cheery messages to brighten an otherwise dull and usually depressing journey. It seemed such a missed opportunity to put smiles on faces.

It would be lovely to see Have a nice trip Solo
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 05:05 PM

Smashing, shows people are human and not robots.

.Beats happy Saturday. The sun is shining here. It is raining here. It looks like it may rain here. I am going food shopping today. I went food shopping yesterday.
My cat has a cut paw and it stinks, smelt the stink for days but only just seen the cut, what can I do (that sentence is true)

Oh and the sun is shining , the maize has just been cut.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->

It would be lovely to see Have a nice trip Solo
It would but the fact that so many people feel so sad and most likely they are the ones with the self confident smile the cheery hello and the ones waving you off wishing you a nice trip is a sobering thought.

Sorry if you would prefer happy stuff but isnt this an indication of just how much of ourselves we hide from the world and from those who should be our nearest and dearest?

Isnt it because they fear the judgement of society that they hide behind that cheery smile and standard greeting?
To feel that you have no one who loves you, that you are in a bad relationship and cant get out, or to say you just want things to end is awful.

Dont you find it terrible that all these people cannot speak these words aloud...to anyone?
I do

I hate the idea that people are cramming themselves into the image of what people want them to be and whats socially acceptable instead of what they want to be.
solo
UK

26-09-2015, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Smashing, shows people are human and not robots.

.Beats happy Saturday. The sun is shining here. It is raining here. It looks like it may rain here. I am going food shopping today. I went food shopping yesterday.
My cat has a cut paw and it stinks, smelt the stink for days but only just seen the cut, what can I do (that sentence is true)

Oh and the sun is shining , the maize has just been cut.
True mike..There is an interesting piece below explaining why it was done and I did not realise that The Samaritans and Mind had been involved in the project !

“We’re constantly being told that we’ve got to be happy all the time,” he says. “We all have faults, make terrible mistakes and are haunted by things like lost love and personal failure. Acknowledging that you have problems worth sharing is still a big taboo in our society.”

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddes...l-waiting-wall
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 05:16 PM

Seems to be the trend for people to 'share' everything about themselves and the internet is obviously not enough
Everything is in yer face today and I'm not keen on the idea - I blame Jeremy Kyle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top