Join for free
Page 38 of 370 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 12:22 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Gumbud, I've come across this before. There is a Doctor who appears on TV called Michael Mosley and he did some experiments using the same parameters, and he came to the same conclusion.
However, Andrew Marr a political correspondent on the news was rushed into hospital after suffering a stroke while doing this exercise.

Personally I like cycling out in the country where you meet the occasional obstacles like the wind and hills making it more interesting. The long term effects of gentle cycling are many, but do we know what the long term effects of 'eyeballs out' cycling will be on say a 66 year old who has already suffered two heart attacks? Poor old Andrew found out to his cost.
well FGS you've got to be fit in the first place no good putting geriatrics like ourselves on this regime!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well FGS you've got to be fit in the first place no good putting geriatrics like ourselves on this regime!
It peeves me to say it Gumbud, but I think you are right....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It peeves me to say it Gumbud, but I think you are right....
oooerr - and whilst I've got you on the back foot OGF wot about the theory that all us oldish ones are spending inordinate amounts of time exercising-usually away from the home just to get away from the missus?? OR do the women like it too?? OMG I've got all confused now - now where was I??
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 10:17 AM

Last three days of gym work before I fly away on Monday night.
Good legs session yesterday followed by an upper body and another one tomorrow.
Gotta look fit and hunky for them thar poolside chicks
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Gotta look fit and hunky for them thar poolside chicks
Ugh !

Hopefully you mean your OH
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 03:13 PM

Hi

My doctor told me to walk more, so now I only take one treat out of the fridge at a time.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Ugh !

Hopefully you mean your OH
Yeah I'm only joking, Rachel. Always good to be in some kind of decent shape for the hol's though isn't it? Who, for instance, doesn't try to lose a little weight?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yeah I'm only joking, Rachel. Always good to be in some kind of decent shape for the hol's though isn't it? Who, for instance, doesn't try to lose a little weight?
Lol ... possibly

One does not 'do' holidays
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-09-2016, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Lol ... possibly

One does not 'do' holidays
Everybody needs a holiday, Rachel. I'm sure you go on even a short break sometimes?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 10:05 PM

I shall be away from home for the next couple of weeks and will try to report my progress while on holiday. The cost of using the Internet while on board the P&O ship Britannia will be quite frightening, but out of loyalty to my friends on here I will do my best to post. But instead of posting on this thread I will be moving to Bob's Bits - in Other Leisure Activities. I hope some will follow me there, but if not, I'll see you in a fortnight.......Hurrah......I hear you say.....

Page 38 of 370 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top