Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 09:16 PM

Jet Lag cures

Does anyone have a magic solution for jet lag? I've just booked a longhaul holiday and really want to enjoy every moment. The nojetlag tablet suggested by a US member is sold in the UK as Jet Ease, but reviews suggest this is nothing other than a food supplement.
Any ideas?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 09:41 PM

Re: Jet Lag cures

I find that just chilling the week before the flight helps. If it possible of course.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 09:43 PM

Where are you flying to ? and how long are you staying?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 10:54 PM

How many hours' time difference will there be?

There is no magic cure, but setting your watch to the new time zone as soon as you get on the plane, avoiding too much alcohol in flight, and not having a daytime kip on arrival helps. Some people suggest taking a sleeping tablet on the plane journey, but I don't think that really helps.

And you can enjoy every moment without having to tear around during the first couple of days.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 08:05 AM

I'm going to southern India which is a 5.5 hour time difference. Much as I think sleeping pills will work, the flight goes via Dubai and I think it's a 7 hr flight to Dubai, then a 2 hour turnaround, followed by a further 4 hour flight.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 10:37 AM

Just to say that I tried Melatonin, the basis of the pills you suggest, and found they didn't help at all.

I think Apricot's 'don't stress - just go with the flow' is probably as good advice as any There is a scientific basis to the 'sun exposure at x time/no direct sun exposure at y time' theory, so you could google for that.

Have a good holiday anyway!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

27-01-2016, 01:04 PM

The only thing about taking a sleeping pill is that you don"t move when you are in the air, which is bad for you, as it is good to walk around the plane every hour or so[even though you might feel a bit daft, well I do].
As sitting still too long CAN sometimes cause DVT.Specially on long haul.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

27-01-2016, 01:49 PM

I'm planning on buying a pair of those travel stockings, but I most likely will resort to sleeping pills as I often use them at home and sleeping on a plane isn't the easiest of things to do! But I'll change my watch and try to imagine I'm in the new time zone as soon as I get on board.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 01:57 PM

India is not too bad-trust me I have been twice. A sleeping pill may help -but suffice to say the second time I found the money for a modest upgrade. It made a lot of difference to how I felt on landing. Enjoy and get some small rupee notes at the airport-porters and taxi drivers at airports assume you will pay with sterling and try to rip you off.

Namaste
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 01:59 PM

The stockings are good. I had resisted them but wore them for the first time on a 10 hour flight. They weren't uncomfortable/restrictive, as I had anticipated, so no nasty squish marks on peeling them off

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top