Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 06:37 PM

Re: Isle of wight

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
It's a lovely place, i'm sure you'll enjoy it

I was there in 1969 as a Girl Guide, we were camping with in our tents near an airfield at Bembridge and had a great holiday...
I think I was there too in 69, I went with my two aunts wen I was about 9 went on a Wallace Arnold coach tour the captain of the ferry invited me to the bridge and I steered the ferry for a bit ( or at least I thought I was)
I have a photo somewhere
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 06:44 PM

As you know I went there last year and loved it. I look forward to going again to see more of the island (the left hand part).
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 08:17 PM

I've never been to the Isle of Wight but I would like go one day.

If anyone has any holiday photos of the IofW that they can post in this thread, I would be very interested in seeing them please
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 09:15 PM

Last time I was there Jimi Hendrix was making an awful lot of noise!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Last time I was there Jimi Hendrix was making an awful lot of noise!
My friend and I walked from our holiday camp to go and have a listen from a distance.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 09:57 AM

We had a couple of holidays there in the late 90s. We stayed at Bembridge in cottages but went all over the island.

My kids used to love the ferry trip and Blackgang Chine.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I was debating whether to go there , id love to see Queen Victoria's home on the Island ..
The Isle of Wight is lovely and Osborne House is well worth a visit
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 10:45 AM

Gone right orf the IOW cos last October I got thrown off Sandown Pier for riding on the kids roundabout. I was cheered as I left though .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

10-02-2016, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Gone right orf the IOW cos last October I got thrown off Sandown Pier for riding on the kids roundabout. I was cheered as I left though .
Rebel!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 09:30 PM

Love the IofW.
Kids did too.

I couldn't relax so much after the 4th day.

I'd just bought a car two days before we went. After a lovely day on the beach I came back to a car with a police note on the windscreen "please call Hants police regarding the fraudulent tax disc we've confiscated" I was like a fugitive for the next 3 days, dodging police cars as I wasn't going to the local police station with my kids and on holiday.

I sorted it when I got home, blooming crook who sold me the car forgot to take his scanned, photoshop enhanced tax disc

I'm gonna write a book one day.

Curry specials at The Spice Inn(Portsmouth)are nice if you have time on the way there or back. Or La Tasca near the tower for Spanish food.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top