Join for free
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 01:42 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Solo.........dropping in to say Hi, hope all is well with you....

Blue x
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:36 AM

Good morning chums,

Spitfire.> how's your outside loo refurbishment.

May I suggest you leave one wall clear for a GRAFFITI board.
When I first Wed in 1972 (that's almost 47 years ago), we threw party after party, reaching a peak crowd of 70 one time, and all in a 3-bed terrace house.
The loo was popular & the more literary of our guests wrote poetry whilst sat on the throne; special BRONCO stiff paper was supplied to save their pencils shredding the loo paper.

At the top of the stairs was the GRAFFITI board, very popular.
Then we had carpet laid & the parties came to an end.

This is my only offering today

just saying
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:40 AM

Hi Young Robert.
You do like your loos. X
I actually paid attention to see how many of our public ones had closed.
They are all still there.
Many have blue lights at night.
I had to ask why????
Drug taking!!!!
What a world!

Sorry Good Morning. X
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 02:26 PM

When forced to use the public loo,
there's something you must always do:
before you sit to do your biz,
make sure there toilet tissue is.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

15-11-2018, 02:42 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Good morning chums,

Spitfire.> how's your outside loo refurbishment.

May I suggest you leave one wall clear for a GRAFFITI board.
When I first Wed in 1972 (that's almost 47 years ago), we threw party after party, reaching a peak crowd of 70 one time, and all in a 3-bed terrace house.
The loo was popular & the more literary of our guests wrote poetry whilst sat on the throne; special BRONCO stiff paper was supplied to save their pencils shredding the loo paper.

At the top of the stairs was the GRAFFITI board, very popular.
Then we had carpet laid & the parties came to an end.

This is my only offering today

just saying
What a splendid idea having a graffiti board in the jacks RJ, fun and educational too.
Who could ever forget that horrible Bronco paper, it caused rashes and played havoc with pile sufferers, indeed the Daily Mirror was more sympathetic to the tender bum, I hope the chap who was responsible for Bronco has permanent diarrhoea in hell where paper don’t exist.

Speaking of which, I got a bad pint in the local and I had the runs all night, a real break through, I eventually got a settlement and had a backstop in the border area.
Sorry, that’s the result of listening to brexit everywhere on TV, it’s drummed into you and there is no escape.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 10:22 PM

talking of toilets etc etc - did I ever introduce you to the 'asian toilet' - "the squatter" as opposed to the "crapper" - just a hole in the ground with an vitreous enamel hour glass shaped apparatus inserted and if you were lucky surrounded by a wooden box! Peeing was easy - well at least for the men - but crapping was a whole new experience - you dropped the dacks making sure there were no lurkin pools of something smelly and then you squattered - not an easy thing to do at the best of times - but when inebriated a rather wobbly experience. then when finished you looked around for toilet paper - all gone - thank god the male handkerchief was much larger than the female version. your restaurant companies would watch with glee if you were a first time user to study the faces you pulled on re-entry into the world around you!

oh yes there was a chain somewhere unless it had been pulled away that you could flush with and sometimes swing from!

the female version was a whole different world which I may share next time but I'll just let your imaginations run around for a while!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 10:44 PM

I see we have landed ourselves back in the manure business again.
I wouldn’t trust those hole in the ground things Gummy, especially in Asia, but I suppose when ya gotta go ya gotta go. I’d be terrified a snake would be lurking in the hole waiting to bite something tender.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

15-11-2018, 10:51 PM

My heart went out to the Grandson who is all upset today on account of it being all off with his girlfriend, I just keep me mouth shut and never ask any questions, best policy where love is concerned. The missus keeps trying to poke info out of him slyly, he’s not in the best of form and I can see him telling her to mind her own business if she doesn’t pack it in, tact is not one of her qualities I’ m afraid.
Being a teenager is really a very confusing time for a lad, naturally I don’t know what it’s like for a lass.

Burl Ives sums up the teenage thing just about right in this verse of his song "Mr. In-between"
“Well, I'm too old for girls and I'm too young for women
I've looked all around and my hopes are a-dimmin'
I feel like a fish not allowed any swimmin’.

I laugh at them times now, but I would never want to go back there ever again. When your out with a girl your always trying to figure out what she’s thinking, bloody hard work for a kid, considering after all my decades of marriage I’m still working on that one and haven’t progressed a millimeter.
Is she thinking the same thing as you perhaps? no never girls don’t think about those things, sugar and spice and all that.
Deciding on which film to see was another thing, lads can’t stand romantic films and anything with plenty of action and adventure are not normally favoured by the girls. I remember practically being dragged to see all those really crappy Elvis films of the early 60’s, there seemed to be no end to them. Blue Hawaii, Love me Tender, It happened at the worlds fair, etc., I’ve nothing against Elvis mind you, the poor boy was taken to the cleaners by Colonel Parker, forced to act when he himself admitted that he couldn’t act, all he wanted to do was sing.
I really do sympathise with young folks going through what they will laugh at years later.

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:33 PM

yes you'd think with all that stress and confusing us males would have invented male only communes where we could do all those blocky things and just think about sex occasionally?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top