Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 11:50 AM

Re: 2017 cruise

One of the trips included this above

another cruise

After the great pyramids and valley of the kings etc etc and the temples absolutely stunning.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Welshie ->
went on a Mediterranean one in November Goldie and we had a fab time we were upgraded to a room with a balcony and it was lovely
Thanks Welshie. Certainly sounds nice. I am not terribly good with a lot of people and thought you might feel too enclosed but a friend's has told me different. Thank you
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

One of the trips included this above

another cruise

After the great pyramids and valley of the kings etc etc and the temples absolutely stunning.
Looks amazing realspeed. Thanks for the videos
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 03:56 PM

Azura is a great ship, sailed with her many times.
Despite being essentially a carbon copy of Ventura she is far better experience as sadly Ventura was pushed out for the low end "chav" market, cheap bums on seats and suffers because of it. Both ships themselves are just fine, but P&O sadly fail to enforce rules and standards on Ventura so it is basically a Billy Butlins free for all scrap. Kids run rampant, playing tiggy in the atrium on multiple levels, racing past reception (who do nothing). At night the kids run rampant down the cabin corridors at 1-2am n the morning, sometimes playing "knock and run" on the doors. I don't sail with Ventura any more as a result.

Azura however is a breath of fresh air. Modern, fairly big, sails well, lovely bars, great multi-level atrium, big theatre.

I would not personally have chosen a cabin on the top deck on any ship TBH. Done it before and been woken every morning at around 6-7am by crew putting out the sunloungers, thump, thump, thump. Hopefully that won't be an issue though as they may well leave them out all the time being in the Caribbean, sailing is I think pretty gentle so stacking them every night probably not required.

Royal Caribbean I've never been tempted with TBH due to numerous stories of mixed dress codes which can ruin the ambience. i.e. On formal nights, some people dress up, and others decide not to and roam around the atriums and shopping areas in casuals etc so the whole thing looks mixed up. Part of the cruising experience, for me, is for evenings to be "special" and a very far throw from a night out at your local Weatherspoons !

Best ship in the P&O fleet for me is Aurora. It's the glitziest and best attended for dressing up imo, (Oriana very similar but the ship sails like a cow imo). Aurora is the perfect size ship and has a proper wide prom deck which is a pleasure to sit on a read a book. Also has one of the best Crow's Nests in the fleet and wonderful restaurants. Anyways, have a great trip !
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 04:11 PM

Clearly, you lot have not worked out that salt water has only one useful purpose -
to house fish for anglers like myself to catch and consume.

It is not there for sailing on, swimming in, surfing, cruising, skiing or any other frivolity.
Pum has spoken.
So mote it be.
Goldielocks
Spain

07-05-2016, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Clearly, you lot have not worked out that salt water has only one useful purpose -
to house fish for anglers like myself to catch and consume.

It is not there for sailing on, swimming in, surfing, cruising, skiing or any other frivolity.
Pum has spoken.
So mote it be.
Pumi you do make me laugh. You are a breath of fresh air
Goldielocks
Spain

07-05-2016, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Azura is a great ship, sailed with her many times.
Despite being essentially a carbon copy of Ventura she is far better experience as sadly Ventura was pushed out for the low end "chav" market, cheap bums on seats and suffers because of it. Both ships themselves are just fine, but P&O sadly fail to enforce rules and standards on Ventura so it is basically a Billy Butlins free for all scrap. Kids run rampant, playing tiggy in the atrium on multiple levels, racing past reception (who do nothing). At night the kids run rampant down the cabin corridors at 1-2am n the morning, sometimes playing "knock and run" on the doors. I don't sail with Ventura any more as a result.

Azura however is a breath of fresh air. Modern, fairly big, sails well, lovely bars, great multi-level atrium, big theatre.

I would not personally have chosen a cabin on the top deck on any ship TBH. Done it before and been woken every morning at around 6-7am by crew putting out the sunloungers, thump, thump, thump. Hopefully that won't be an issue though as they may well leave them out all the time being in the Caribbean, sailing is I think pretty gentle so stacking them every night probably not required.

Royal Caribbean I've never been tempted with TBH due to numerous stories of mixed dress codes which can ruin the ambience. i.e. On formal nights, some people dress up, and others decide not to and roam around the atriums and shopping areas in casuals etc so the whole thing looks mixed up. Part of the cruising experience, for me, is for evenings to be "special" and a very far throw from a night out at your local Weatherspoons !

Best ship in the P&O fleet for me is Aurora. It's the glitziest and best attended for dressing up imo, (Oriana very similar but the ship sails like a cow imo). Aurora is the perfect size ship and has a proper wide prom deck which is a pleasure to sit on a read a book. Also has one of the best Crow's Nests in the fleet and wonderful restaurants. Anyways, have a great trip !
Thanks for that realist. It is nice to have your experiences. Having never cruised before. We have been contemplating for awhile now.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 06:42 PM

Have today booked a fortnight all inclusive holiday in Mauritius, for February 2017. Yippee, we will have such a good time I know, as we have been going to same place place for 10 years.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Thanks for that realist. It is nice to have your experiences. Having never cruised before. We have been contemplating for awhile now.
You will never look back TBH. If you take the plunge be prepared to be addicted and end up spending a fortune !

Important to choose the right cruise line though, one that suits the way you want to dress.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Have today booked a fortnight all inclusive holiday in Mauritius, for February 2017. Yippee, we will have such a good time I know, as we have been going to same place place for 10 years.
Bit boriing going to same place each year

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top