Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:54 PM

Secrets of the Great Pyramid of Giza

I have always been fascinated by the pyramids of Egypt, mainly the fact that there are possibly yet more hidden chambers to be found within them.

This article, however, describes scientific research which I found particularly interesting.

We've all heard the old supposition that pyramidal structures can 'sharpen razor blades', and many people have bought models whose manufacturers made that claim! I have never believed it myself, but this research seems to point the way to some sort of focusing of electromagnetic 'waves'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-chambers.html

I thought some of you might also be interested.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 03:22 PM

Re: Secrets of the Great Pyramid of Giza

Too scientific for me, but still interesting as I've been watching a series of documentaries on C5:

Egypt Unwrapped

Secrets of the Valley of the Kings, The Real Rameses, The Screaming Man and The Scorpion King are some of the episodes I've seen. Most are very informative (some fascinating and revealing) without too many presenters or talking heads.

I believe that there is an episode on "Pyramids" to come.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 04:33 PM

That's very interesting. I would be lying if I said I understood all of it but I think I guess it means the pyramids direct energy down towards the stones at the base and store it. The stones being a higher temperature than the rest when you would expect them to be cooler.

Is that correct?

Having been inside the pyramids I am not surprised by their mystery. All those little air shafts etc, so advanced for the time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's very interesting. I would be lying if I said I understood all of it but I think I guess it means the pyramids direct energy down towards the stones at the base and store it. The stones being a higher temperature than the rest when you would expect them to be cooler.

Is that correct?

Having been inside the pyramids I am not surprised by their mystery. All those little air shafts etc, so advanced for the time.
No, I didn't understand all of it either, but yes, I gather it is something to do with the chambers inside directing energy down towards certain areas below.

I understood that the several chambers and passageways were to misdirect grave robbers away from the real deal, but perhaps there really was more to it than that.

I must say, I envy you for having been inside. We've been to Giza and been right up to the Great Pyramid, but didn't go inside. I'd be interested to hear more about it, though. How far in? What did you see?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 05:06 PM

been there and they are amazing to think humans built them

Looking to the top from the bottom of one

Sue and I were invited to see the artists tombs who did the paintings inside the pyramids instead. we went down the very narrow tunnel to a small cavern and the paintings on the walls looked as if done the day before not thousands of years ago
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-07-2018, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
been there and they are amazing to think humans built them

Looking to the top from the bottom of one

Great picture, and it is amazing how they managed to drag all those stones (which are actually much bigger than they look on that picture) up all that way. One theory says they used ramps, of course, but ramps made of sand? That alone would take a hell of a lot of shifting.

I think it was aliens.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No, I didn't understand all of it either, but yes, I gather it is something to do with the chambers inside directing energy down towards certain areas below.

I understood that the several chambers and passageways were to misdirect grave robbers away from the real deal, but perhaps there really was more to it than that.

I must say, I envy you for having been inside. We've been to Giza and been right up to the Great Pyramid, but didn't go inside. I'd be interested to hear more about it, though. How far in? What did you see?
I don't have any pics or film of it but we were allowed into Khufu's pyramid which only cost a few Egyptian pounds. I'm pretty certain we were not allowed to film or take photos but this youtube video sums it up I suppose.

We went in early in the morning and there were only about twenty of us and being British, it was a lot quieter and respectful than that lot in the video.

When we reached the top, we entered the burial chamber which was amazingly cool considering the temperature outside. There is the empty sarcophagus with no lid. It had a very calm atmosphere.

It was over twenty years ago now so I'm struggling to remember everything.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 05:21 PM

I'm fascinated by the pyramids , yes I believe the ancients new more then than we do now , it's been said the stones moved by sound , or electro magnetic waves . There is definitely lost knowledge.

Realist where are you ?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Great picture, and it is amazing how they managed to drag all those stones (which are actually much bigger than they look on that picture) up all that way. One theory says they used ramps, of course, but ramps made of sand? That alone would take a hell of a lot of shifting.
Mud ramps were used to build all of those columns in temples - the interior was filled with mud, floor by floor, as it were, as each level of blocks was completed, then,when the temple was finished, all the mud had to be dug out.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-07-2018, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't have any pics or film of it but we were allowed into Khufu's pyramid which only cost a few Egyptian pounds. I'm pretty certain we were not allowed to film or take photos but this youtube video sums it up I suppose.

We went in early in the morning and there were only about twenty of us and being British, it was a lot quieter and respectful than that lot in the video.

When we reached the top, we entered the burial chamber which was amazingly cool considering the temperature outside. There is the empty sarcophagus with no lid. It had a very calm atmosphere.

It was over twenty years ago now so I'm struggling to remember everything.
Very interesting video, saved to watch again. I wish we'd have gone in at the time.

Yes, I know what you mean. We Brits seem to be the quietest and most sensible when it comes to behaviour. Well, we used to be!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top