Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 03:56 AM

Re: coconut oil is pure poison!!

Originally Posted by Sage ->
I add coconut flour to the high protein bread I make to help balance my blood sugar. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Can we believe anything we read? Here in the U.S. for a while eggs were good for us. Then they were bad, then they were good again, etc.
So true?
YES it works to help suppress the appetite because it balances out blue sugar. :thumbsup: Absolutely
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I rub it in my hands and then plunk it in the ends of my hair every morning and every night. Before I shampoo I add some more to my hair while it ‘s dry and then wash my hair.

Coconut oil is one of the very few oils than soak into the cuticle of the hair shaft so it gets absorbed; most oils just sit on top making the hair greasy.

My curly locks need coconut oil otherwise my hair looks like a frizzy hot mess

The biscuits look lovely.

I get my coconut oil by the tub from Costco. It’s the Kirkland brand and it’s awesome. It’s either just over $20 or just under . I can’t remember . Here’s a pic

To suppress the appetitive you use a teaspoon or two to a cup of warm / hot water . You drink it before it cools. Since coconut oil is solid at room temperature the oil will start to harden once the water cools. It not only works but it lowers bad cholesterol as well.
Thanks Bratti,

My son shops for me at Costco sometimes. I will ask him to pick me up a tub.
I didn't like Kirkland products at the beginning, but I have come to appreciate Kirkland brand.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Thanks Bratti,

My son shops for me at Costco sometimes. I will ask him to pick me up a tub.
I didn't like Kirkland products at the beginning, but I have come to appreciate Kirkland brand.
You’re very welcome Blue. I love Costco’s Kirkland brands.
They actually duplicate the best quality products out there but add their name to them as well as a favourable price tag. This is a huge tub of coconut oil which will last you years.
Yayyy Blues son.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 10:45 AM

I love coconut oil it's a cheap item that can be used in so many great ways. We do eat it as I put a little in pastry and cakes etc. I use it mostly though on outside of the body where it replaces hundreds of products. IMO the big companies that make moisturizers and make up remover and medicated creams etc are getting worried at how many people have replaced all that with a simple pot of coconut oil.
Clarity
New Member!
London
Clarity is female 

14-01-2019, 03:50 PM

Coconut oil is great stuff! Can be used for hair and skin moisturizing
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

14-01-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I love coconut oil it's a cheap item that can be used in so many great ways. We do eat it as I put a little in pastry and cakes etc. I use it mostly though on outside of the body where it replaces hundreds of products. IMO the big companies that make moisturizers and make up remover and medicated creams etc are getting worried at how many people have replaced all that with a simple pot of coconut oil.
Originally Posted by Clarity ->
Coconut oil is great stuff! Can be used for hair and skin moisturizing
Smart ladies
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 05:01 PM

I have really gotten so I love the feel of coconut oil. I use it for moisterizer. When I wash my hair, I put some in before rinsing and my hair just glistens.

I use it for make up remover.

It is a must that I have coconut oil in the jar all the time. I sure save money on those expensive products when I can just use coconut oil.

I keep mine in the fridge. It is so soothing on the eyes if you use it before you go to bed.

I brush my teeth with it, after I brush with sensydine......I feet it whitens them a bit.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

14-01-2019, 09:14 PM

Good stuff.
I have a million uses for coconut oil also
It’s so diverse and replaces so many cosmetic products.
It’s one of the few oils that actually penetrates into the cuticle of the hair.
Most hair serums block the cuticle since they have silicones in them. The plastic seals the hair and eventually dry it out.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top