Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 03:31 PM

Re: The changing face of beauty

I seldom use the shower but love to languish in an Epsom Salt, Bubble Bath...and daydream.

My hair is only washed every other day...mostly because it's very long and curly and takes forever to dry, as I do not use the blow dryer on it...

Another thing that I stay clear of is the sun but if I have to be out in it...I always make certain to use an SPF of 50+...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 03:43 PM

I have never liked baths, I much prefer a shower, which I can be in and out of within a couple of minutes.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 03:52 PM

Sometimes I do not get to daydream too long...because when Gracie lets out a piercing bark...it means "Hurry up, I've got to go."
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I see there is a move toward more environmentally-friendly products and packaging.
Meanwhile, the ‘cleansing reduction’ movement has spanned to showering and bathing less, as people realise that over-washing isn’t good for the planet or the skin.
I usually bath or shower every other day. I am sure as a child it was only twice a week????

Are any of you bathing or showering every day?
How often do you wash your hair?

I shower each day, and wash my hair every 2 or 3 days.

I have not used any shampoo, conditioner, body wash, moisturisers or deodorants with chemicals in for several years now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 09:53 PM

I love having a lazy, luxurious bath in the morning at the Weekend. It's lovely in the Winter when it's chilly outside. A bit of perfumed oil, a good book, a latte.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:19 PM

I shower and wash my hair every day... have done since I was in my late teens.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 11:27 PM

What a lovely clean lot we are on here.
I'm interested in what you all believe is the best shampoo. It is interesting that I have read that less water will be used in toiletries. I will be checking on this.
I also live in a hard water area. I do find that I use less shampoo when I am abroad.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 07:08 AM

We have soft water here Sweetie it's easy to get a lather with very little shampoo....I tend to use Tresemme volume but I'm not precious about it I look for anything that looks ok on offer.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 11:32 AM

My husband and I use Johnson's 2 in 1 toddler shampoo. A bottle can last us about 6 months as we use so little, having very short hair.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top