Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 08:25 PM

I think this place is going to be fun

I hope I haven't jinxed it by saying that! But I can see this place is going to be lots of fun, and judging by how things are going... pretty hectic too

Let's just hope you lot behave
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 08:27 PM

Re: I think this place is going to be fun

24 members, nearly 350 posts in less than 24 hours? - Looking good!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 08:29 PM

Think its just what was needed
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 08:29 PM

You've got us trained well Azz
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 10:20 PM

I'm on my best behaviour It's good to have a new forum to post on x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 11:54 AM

Azz - You are clearly up with events, I see that SKY have a 'Forget 9 to 5' channel just launched and a web site and the magazine publishing world is rushing to get out new titles for the over 50's so it is attracting the 'smart' money just now.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 11:57 AM

I'm having fun here already!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 02:41 PM

Glad you're all having fun too!

Losos - welcome! I am surprised there wasn't a dedicated channel earlier, given that most retired people who don't get to go out much, only have the box to rely on :-/
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 02:52 PM

Saga's been around for ages Azz.
I expect it likes to think it's the brand leader - however, although there are nice people there etc, I don't think it makes anything like the use it should from being 'brand leader' if you like. There are thousands or members registered but never more than about 250 on line at any time and fewer than that posting.
There are several spin off forums set up by disgruntled Saga-ers but they don't have more than one or two hundred members.
Don't tell me you haven't put on some greasepaint wrinkles and signed up to se how it works?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

08-08-2009, 03:04 PM

Lol, I haven't

I did a quick search on the web to see if there was anything out there that did the job well enough so we wouldn't have to... and thought, nah they're all pretty pants

I think a lot of them try to be too much - and I wanted the main focus of this site to be like a social gathering place, as I know that there are a lot of older (say over 65s+) that don't get to go out much and how important and key something like this would be and what a huge difference it could make to their lives.

I know a lot of you are already tech savvy - but that's the perfect balance, cos it means you'll be able to help the newbies.. and I know how friendly you are so can rely on you to make them feel welcome too

For those that are already tech-savvy, it will provide a fun place with hopefully, a better feel and vibe than all the others - so something for everyone

Are there many men on the other forums? I guess we have mostly women here as you've mostly come from Dogsey & Catsey. If you know a few and think they'll be ok with the current layout - feel free to invite them

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top