Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 08:08 PM

Re: Palestine: Demolishing Khan al-Ahmar

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Seriously now ... do you think an Israeli sniper could shoot accurately and deadly if he had sand stuck between his toes.
It's commonsense when you think about it.
You on the sherry?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 08:10 PM

One has to wonder in a moment of quiet reflection what Lawrence of Arabia would have made of it all.
But who is he to compete with a modern day keyboard warrior.
Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Well that didn’t take long did it...do you always abuse posters when they don’t agree with you?
Did I call you a keyboard warrior?
No .. I did not. Don't be so sensitive. I was not abusing you.

I meant a historical figure having to compete against the viewpoints of a modern armchair warrior at a keyboard .. whether that view agreed with his or not.
You usually like a witty turn of phrase, indeed often deliver one or two crackers here and there yourself.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 08:12 PM

It was a witty turn of phrase? Really?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 08:12 PM

You on the sherry?
No .. I only suck wine gums and then only for a treat instead of sucking my own toothless gums.

Strangely, I have an inkling that you're not really interested in a serious debate about Bedouins at all.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

29-09-2018, 08:14 PM

It was a witty turn of phrase? Really?
I will acknowledge that there is a world of difference between your level and mine.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

29-09-2018, 08:17 PM

No .. I only suck wine gums and then only for a treat instead of sucking my own toothless gums.

Strangely, I have an inkling that you're not really interested in a serious debate about Bedouins at all.
You got that right, there is a Blue Peter Badge in the post, now if you want to talk about Israelis building on their own land then ok, I am assuming of course that they have planning permission?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

29-09-2018, 08:25 PM

Rehab ... I'm not bothering with you.
You like to joke on serious discussion threads which can be fun and a bit of a laugh, in small doses, but some of your posts rather give away the fact that you're really only intent on baiting and having a chuckle.

You continue to discuss Bedouins and Israelis.
I'll go read the jokes section instead where I know I'm supposed to laugh and it's supposed to be funny.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

29-09-2018, 08:41 PM

That’s a bit of cop out, attack the poster instead of attacking his posts.
I support the right of Israel to protect itself, it’s country and it’s citizens against countries whose sworn duty is the destruction of the Jewish State..the only Jewish State on the planet.

I support their right to exist..you support what? Their destruction? I remember an Austrian house painter tried that too.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

29-09-2018, 09:17 PM

That’s a bit of cop out, attack the poster instead of attacking his posts.
Where was I attacking you? That's twice you've accused me now. You accused me of been at the sherry and I didn't take it as a personal attack. Just you been your usual jocular self.
You seem to have a problem with this and it seems to be your immediate knee jerk comeback.

To be precise I was pointing out I prefer serious discussion in serious discussion ... nothing more.
If I had meant to attack you personally there would be no doubt about it.

I support the right of Israel to protect itself, it’s country and it’s citizens against countries whose sworn duty is the destruction of the Jewish State..the only Jewish State on the planet.
A genuine opinion ... at last. I agree with you. I too support Israels right to protect and defend itself against its enemies.
With one proviso ...
When Israel take any preemptive, aggressive or illegal action .. who protects those it is unfairly attacking or hounding off their land? They are not exempt from criticism.
Or is it simply a case of who strikes first wins ?

I support their right to exist..you support what? Their destruction? I remember an Austrian house painter tried that too.
Now you're been silly. So I support their destruction do I?
Read what I post for a change instead of making incorrect assumptions and daft allegations.
I've heard of an Austrian house painter too ... he saw some land, fancied it as his own and sent his armies in to claim it.
If he's the same one you mean he was internationally reviled and a coalition of countries went to war with him
His name was not Netanyahu ... was it?
You picked a very poor example there in choosing a tyrant who was a law unto himself, who believed he was bettering his own country at cost to innocents who stood in his way.

Is what Israel doing now really that dissimilar to what the Austrian house painter wanted to achieve?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

29-09-2018, 09:24 PM

I won’t bother ripping apart bits of your response, I don’t have the time or inclination,

But I did read about the illegal occupation of Israeli land by your Beddo and also that they were living on a land fill and they had been offered a new and better location on which to live, but we mustn’t allow the facts to get in the way of a biased post.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-is...-idUKKBN1JU1RB

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top