Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 05:57 PM

Brexit and SCD

I really don't believe it .....

Vince Cable has reportedly just expressed concern that if we leave the EU then it may impact considerably on the professional dancers who will be able to be recruited onto Strictly Come Dancing!

Irrespective of how you voted, given the concern about the impact on our NHS and other services, is this man on the real planet?
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 06:04 PM

Re: Brexit and SCD

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->

Vince Cable has reportedly just expressed concern that if we leave the EU then it may impact considerably on the professional dancers who will be able to be recruited onto Strictly Come Dancing!

Irrespective of how you voted, given the concern about the impact on our NHS and other services, is this man on the real planet?
Don't watch it, couldn't give a shit. I see you've sneaked in a REPORTEDLY though, so that could be anybody, including you.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 06:14 PM

Sir Vince, a keen ballroom dancer, said: “If we have a cack-handed immigration policy like what we have for non-EU citizens, all kinds of perverse decisions could be made.”

.[I].... that could be anybody, including you

Not guilty - I am merely allowing for the fact that not all reporting is entirely accurate and, to be honest, I would much prefer if this statement had not been made!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 06:20 PM

Oh bugger!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 06:26 PM

Sir Vince, a keen ballroom dancer, said: “If we have a cack-handed immigration policy like what we have for non-EU citizens, all kinds of perverse decisions could be made.”

.[I].... that could be anybody, including you

Not guilty - I am merely allowing for the fact that not all reporting is entirely accurate and, to be honest, I would much prefer if this statement had not been made!
So if it's not you, it's anybody,
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland

26-10-2018, 06:29 PM

So if it's not you, it's anybody,

Whatever - As I have already said, I just wish it wasn't made by someone of his stature.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 06:37 PM

Just goes to show that brexit affects all important events in the UK.
Isn't strictly the program advertising it takes two? For any partnership.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 09:33 PM

Well project fear obviously has decided to attack the strickly viewers Im not sure how scary I feel that is but that a man of his stature is more bothered about a few professional dancers more than his country really says a lot about the trouble we are in.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland

26-10-2018, 09:48 PM

My thoughts exactly, Julie.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:40 PM

My thoughts exactly, Julie.
Like Julie said in another thread, this (brexit) is the beginning of the end

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top