Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 02:09 PM

Re: Time for a new party?

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Should we even have party politics?
No, we shouldn't, independent representatives for each area of the country would be better.
Once in parliament those with specific fields of interest or expertise could put themselves forward to be ministers and run departments.
This should bring a lot more 'balance' to how our country is administered.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 02:11 PM

Nigel Farage was a conservative, left in 1992 after Maastricht Treaty was signed.

Independent candidates would have no party politics to hide behind and would be free from party whip bullying and spin doctors.

An independent PM only answerable to the electorate good idea. A vote for principles rather than a party.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
That sounds an interesting idea! How to bring it about though?
I always think people that start in local politics are best so we can see what they are like before we give them too much responsibility. Here we have a couple of excellent liberal democrat Councillors I would happily put them into national government. We also have some I think would struggle to organise crossing the road let alone a national position. But unless I'd seen their local work I would have said the two who are good would be worst and two who are bad would be worst. Can't tell just looking at them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 02:26 PM

If there is one thing that p****s me off about politics is that the politicians on the right and the politicians on the left can never agree with one another, no matter what it is. Deep down, they all know the correct thing to.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 02:28 PM

If there were no political parties, politics would be reduced to what it is about; policy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
If there were no political parties, politics would be reduced to what it is about; policy.
Very true.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top