Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:53 PM

Re: Blinded by the light

, QUOTE TWINK55[ ]but then we believe in democracy.[/QUOTE]

You don't, otherwise a second or third referendum wouldn't frighten you.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
, QUOTE TWINK55[ ]but then we believe in democracy.
You don't, otherwise a second or third referendum wouldn't frighten you.[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't be democracy because a second referendum would be boycotted by millions of Leave voters.

Anyway, the Gov't have made it clear there won't be one.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You don't, otherwise a second or even third referendum wouldn't frighten you.
That wouldn't be democracy because a second referendum would be boycotted by millions of Leave voters.

Anyway, the Gov't have made it clear there won't be one.[/QUOTE]

That too would be democracy at work.

You are the one that doesn't trust his government.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:13 PM

Learn to quote
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You don't, otherwise a second or third referendum wouldn't frighten you.

Anyway, the Gov't have made it clear there won't be one.[/QUOTE]

That is true Moscow! Our government know that a democratic vote is an opportunity for the people to make a decision which will be acted upon. If the Remainers don't like the majority vote, they will have to wait till we leave and see if they can persuade the PM to allow another one, asking if we would like to return to the EU.
If that ever happens it will be like telling the EU that we are prepared to do whatever they want us to.... and the return deal will be much more costly.
Only a fool would want to go down that road.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 11:46 AM

, QUOTE TWINK55[ ]but then we believe in democracy.
You don't, otherwise a second or third referendum wouldn't frighten you.[/QUOTE]

Wow, how is that for a hypocritical statement!!

Says he who was in full agreement with his own government's vote to put a complete ban on Referendums
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 01:52 PM

Anyway, the Gov't have made it clear there won't be one.
That too would be democracy at work.

You are the one that doesn't trust his government.[/QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it time to stop winding everyone up, Solasch?

If your dozens of negative doom and gloom postings are convincing anybody, I'm a Dutchman!

Give us a break!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-11-2018, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Says he who was in full agreement with his own government's vote to put a complete ban on Referendums
Advisory referenda are abolished. We never had corrective referenda. The brexit referendum has this impact because all relevant parties beforehand promised the outcome of the peoples advise would be honoured. Against that background I do agree with brexiteers that the outcome should be pursued, unless or until revoked.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 04:16 PM

Advisory referenda are abolished. We never had corrective referenda. The brexit referendum has this impact because all relevant parties beforehand promised the outcome of the peoples advise would be honoured. Against that background I do agree with brexiteers that the outcome should be pursued, unless or until revoked.
Hi

The referendum has to be respected.

In years to come, if we decide on another Referendum to rejoin, that will be fine by me.

If Merkel and Macron are gone and the EU is back to a trading bloc, not a political take over, I would rejoin.

I was a very reluctant leaver, events since then have convinced me that I made the right decision and I would vote leave now without any doubt.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Learn to quote
Oh Yes Pleeeeeeease!!!!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top