Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 11:08 AM

A government of the ignorant !!!

Who were the people who stupidly voted for these idiots???

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...xit-government
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 11:16 AM

Re: A government of the ignorant !!!

And then we have Diane Abbot.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...abour-blunders
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Who were the people who stupidly voted for these idiots???
The uninformed electorate.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 02:19 PM

We vote for the choices we are offered and the party we fear least, so any party that people think will take care of their money will always do well, sadly other people come a long way down the list of voters priorities in many cases. We have sat back and watched benefit claimants, disabled and poor demonised by press and politicians and we have what we deserve because of that
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
And then we have Diane Abbot.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...abour-blunders
I watched the original interview at the time where Abbott demonstrated her lack of facility with numbers and I got the distinct impression she was dyscalculic - my son has the same diagnosis so I am aware of the condition. Which explains why she is like she is and explains why her critics, usually partially veiled racists, are completes tossers. However, it does not explain why Labour keep putting her into a situation that she is obviously ill-equipped to deal with.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 12:58 PM

So easy to claim any criticism of DA as "thinly veiled racism".
Could it possibly be that the woman is simply not capable of carrying out the task of her position? As for claiming it could be dyscalculic?
As a Cambridge graduate, I very much doubt it.

I don't think you will find much sympathy for DA, a woman who gave rise to the word Hypocrite when she criticised Bliar and Harman for sending their children to private schools, and then took her own son out of his state school and plonked him behind a school desk at a £10,000 a term fee-paying school.

Plus of course, her own well-publicised racist "White people love to divide and rule. We should not play their game" twitter remark, where she refused to apologise until she was forced to, by Miliband.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
So easy to claim any criticism of DA as "thinly veiled racism".
Could it possibly be that the woman is simply not capable of carrying out the task of her position? As for claiming it could be dyscalculic?

I don't think you will find much sympathy for DA, a woman who gave rise to the word Hypocrite when she criticised Bliar and Harman for sending their children to private schools, and then took her own son out of his state school and plonked him behind a school desk at a £10,000 a term fee-paying school.

Plus of course, her own well-publicised racist "White people love to divide and rule. We should not play their game" twitter remark, where she refused to apologise until she was forced to, by Miliband.

Excellent post Shrops.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I watched the original interview at the time where Abbott demonstrated her lack of facility with numbers and I got the distinct impression she was dyscalculic - my son has the same diagnosis so I am aware of the condition. Which explains why she is like she is and explains why her critics, usually partially veiled racists, are completes tossers. However, it does not explain why Labour keep putting her into a situation that she is obviously ill-equipped to deal with.
When that originally came out she was ill, she had time off and recovered but and I do agree some are racist it's hard to be too sympathetic as DA is most racist person I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. She is not my idea of a good labour MP at all. For me labour should be least racist party but not with her involved.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
As for claiming it could be dyscalculic?
Tell me, why a history graduate need to be good at arithmetic? What a ridiculous comment!

I don't like Abbott myself, mainly because she comes across as incredibly patronising, to everyone it seems. But I do find unwarranted, possibly discriminatory comments angering. Sometimes it makes sense to engage brain before commenting.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
A bold assertion when Abbott herself is an acclaimed anti-white racist as well as being a total hypocrite. The comments against her are nothing to do with her race or gender merely that's she's been elevated to a job which is beyond her capabilities. A former lover and staunch ally of Corbyn got anything to do with her elevated status? It can't be ability surely.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top